Kindle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is pretty much the trail I go on 2-3 times a week. I didn't shoot this video, but it's a pretty well-done one. These guys go faster than I do, because I'm an old guy. ;D

Mike

·
Registered
12,233 Posts
I'm impressed by anyone who can do that two or three times a week. I'm always resolving to take up bicycling for the exercise but after one ride I get hot and sweaty and that's the end of it. My walks go pretty much the same way.  :p

·
Registered
5,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Dara England said:
I'm impressed by anyone who can do that two or three times a week. I'm always resolving to take up bicycling for the exercise but after one ride I get hot and sweaty and that's the end of it. My walks go pretty much the same way. :p
I hiked this park for a few weeks and then decided to get a bike. I'm 68 and needed to do something for a higher level of exercise to recover from surgery, and this seemed to fit the bill. I find I like it a lot and will continue now that I'm recovered.

This park is interesting. It has 12 miles of trails, and the majority of the bike trails (the twisty parts with lots of shade) were constructed by a local mountain bike club, if I have my facts right. The city wanted some trails, and the biking community stepped up and designed and built the trails themselves, under the nominal supervision of the park staff. Two or three times a year, the club members get together and spend a day or so doing maintenance... drainage, trash removal, etc.

Here's a map of the park:

Probably 80% of the thin lines are trails that the club built. Particularly the twisty ones. ;D

There are beginner's trails and intermediate trails, not really any advanced ones. I stick to the beginner trails.

Mike

1 - 4 of 4 Posts