Kindle Forum banner

How many vampire fans of Anne Rice's are there?

• Too many to count

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Impossible to tell

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello fellow writers!

Are there any vampire fans or writers of that genre out there? I would love to connect with you, and other fiction writers.
My vampire, paranormal, romance novel is entitled "The Darkest Gift" and it just launched last month!

Here is a brief description of my book:

A dynamic, enthralling tale of love, jealousy, rage, and the Supernatural!

When a self-loathing Gay man—Jack, meets elegant yet incredibly mysterious Laurent Richelieu, he thinks his stroke of bad luck with men and women has come to an end. Or is it the beginning of a nightmare?
As the two begin their courtship—Jack encounters horrifying experiences involving paranormal experiences, vampirism, and possible reincarnation, making him question his sanity. The more time Jack spends with his mysterious European love interest, the more revealed about the dark secret awaiting Jack. Are they destined to be together? —does Laurent honestly care for Jack? Or is there a much more sinister plot involved? Can the help of a self-described, Voodoo High Priestess named “Queen Raphaella” alter Jack’s predestined future or is his fate already sealed?

It is available on Amazon in paperback, or as an EBook (Kindle) and currently both are on sale. The paperback normally $21.95 (now $16.92) the EBook-Kindle normally $9.99 (now $2.99)

I look forward to connecting with you!

Attachments

·
Registered
The Epica Fabula Psychica: EXXEGESIS 23
8 Posts
Hi, Len!

I'm very interested in vampire literature, since it's always been one of my favorite genres and might start a vamp universe of my own real soon. Since you're already an expert in the field, I'd love to ask you some general questions about your vampire world.

1 - What vampiric system are you using?
Mystic (dark/demonic energy creates vampires)
Biological (evolutionary jump/genetic illness/virus)
2 - What weaknesses do your vampire have
Classic (Garlic, Heart wound, Decapitation, Holy water/Blessed symbols)
Others
3 - How do the "gift" is transmitted?
Classic - Bite
Others (soul transfusion/soul tainting)
4 - How long have you been writing?

Thanks, and good luck with your project!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Kara,

Thank you for reaching out and as well as your interest in my book. Yes, I've been a fan of vampires since I was a small child extending into adulthood. I have learned about vampiric practices and have taken the liberty to add to them. I'll try to answer your questions to the best of my ability.

1- Q
What vampiric system are you using?
Mystic (dark/demonic energy creates vampires)

A- My vampiric system incorporates mostly biological (vampirism caused by a blood disorder specifically where the infected individual, in this case the vampire, needs a constant supply of blood to survive as the destructive cells attack healthy cells, without blood, the vampire would wither away to nothing) I don't go over this process in my book as that might be perceived as too "scientific" and I'm certainly no scientist, nor doctor.

2- Q
What weaknesses do your vampire have
Classic (Garlic, Heart wound, Decapitation, Holy water/Blessed symbols)
Others?

A- These are covered in my book; vampires can be repelled by religious objects (crucifix, holy water or the "host"/holy wafer) garlic can also repel the vampire. The vampire can be destroyed by decapitation, and a wooden stake driven through the heart, as well as fire)

3- Q How do the "gift" is transmitted?
Classic - Bite

A- Through the traditional way, the vampire biting the individual and forcing the victim to drink the vampire's blood, the mixture of both blood types in the victim's system causes "the transformation" from mortal to immortal.

4- Q How long have you been writing?

A- I've been writing all my life, however; I worked on my first novel ("The Darkest Gift") for 5 years, and worked with a professional editor for 6 months (for grammatical, historical and story developmental accuracy as my story takes place in Paris, the 17th and 18th century, as well as in Haiti and New Orleans in the 1980s)

Are you a writer? If so, what have you written or started to write? Again, I hope you'll consider buying and reading my book. It is available on Amazon (including in the EU and UK, Australia)

Take care and best of luck to you Kara!

- Len -

1 - 3 of 3 Posts