Kindle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday when I went into Walmart I noticed that they were now selling the Kindle and it was priced at $114.  I am assuming that it was the one with advertising. 

They were totally sold out though due to Mothers Day coming up.

They also had the $184 Kindle so that will probably be replaced with the $164 one with advertising.

This is the first time that I have seen a Kindle in our Walmart, although I had heard that they were going to start carrying them.

Does your Walmart carry the Kindle now?

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
I saw a Kindle at my WalMart, too!
I was amazed--they had every ereader known (as far as I could tell)!

And my WalMart is in the middle of nowhere in rural NC so if they have one, I think it's safe to assume most Wally-Worlds are going to have them! LOL

·
Registered
76 Posts
Yeah, we're in the boonies too, NE Wyoming.  Right now they are out of Kindles as has been mentioned but there are plenty of accessories.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
I think it's great that the Kindle is available in Walmart.  (And it's also available in Staples, and Target and Best Buy.)  When I bought my first Kindle, I had to order it from Amazon's web site without ever having held one in my hands. Now it easier for people to take a good look.

Anyways, this will definitely help Amazon sell a lot more Kindles.  Mother's Day was May 8th - and now Walmart is probably selling a bunch more Kindles for Father's Day.  One study actually estimated that 47% of the people who own a Kindle received it as a gift.  Maybe that helps explain why there's "spikes" in purchasing -- and that the retailers suddenly go out of stock at key points during the year!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts