Kindle Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife has a hidden talent, she can write. I truly believe that if she ever sat down and wrote a book she'd be a very succesful author, but she's simply not interested in writing. You will soon be able to see what I mean when I re-release my story "The Haunted House" because I allowed her to rewrite it for me after much Cajoling, and it's brilliant. I try my best to get her to commit to just one book of her own, but she's adamant that she doesn't want to write. I can't force her to do it, I mean you've got to want to write to commit so much time to something so creative. The thing is she loves to read and she enjoys editing my stories for me. Normally she justs edits my tales but after getting her to take a good long look at this tale she felt she could improve upon "The Haunted House" so I figured if she won't write her own story let's see how she does rewriting one of mine. I sort of wish I could say it was as good as my version, but the fact is it's better than mine. lol

Carl

·
Registered
586 Posts
Carl246 said:
My wife has a hidden talent, she can write. I truly believe that if she ever sat down and wrote a book she'd be a very succesful author, but she's simply not interested in writing. You will soon be able to see what I mean when I re-release my story "The Haunted House" because I allowed her to rewrite it for me after much Cajoling, and it's brilliant. I try my best to get her to commit to just one book of her own, but she's adamant that she doesn't want to write. I can't force her to do it, I mean you've got to want to write to commit so much time to something so creative. The thing is she loves to read and she enjoys editing my stories for me. Normally she justs edits my tales but after getting her to take a good long look at this tale she felt she could improve upon "The Haunted House" so I figured if she won't write her own story let's see how she does rewriting one of mine. I sort of wish I could say it was as good as my version, but the fact is it's better than mine. lol

Carl
My wife told me I wrote good stuff but nobody would want to read it. She is now my ex wife, and I'm still writing. You lucky SOB. Cherish her and nurture her talent.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Kathleen Valentine said:
I need a wife..........
Had one once. Not going there again.

·
Registered
586 Posts
valeriec80 said:
You can have my ex with pleasure. Last I knew she was living back in Richardson Texas, That's the country somewhere between Mexico and the US.

·
Registered
5,262 Posts
My wife doesn't mention my writing except on Fridays. I usually get home late because Friday nights. We start with the cocktails Friday as soon as we walk through the door, and sometimes she gets a couple in her before I get home, so by the time we're cooking dinner, she's already tipsy. That's when she tells me all the books I should write. It's usually something straight out of the headlines, adapted and twisted by her brain to make some statement she'd like to make. Cute.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts