Kindle Forum banner

Mysticism and money - do they do together?

• Do mysticism and money have anything in common?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Are mysticism and money compatible?

Votes: 1 100.0%
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I'm Sandy Nathan, author of Numenon: A Tale of Mysticism & Money. Numenon became a Kindle just last month. It surged ahead in two Mysticism categories and in Religious Fiction on the Kindle store. I'll attempt to put some words from its Amazon posting about the book here as a framework for way of looking at the question I'm asking below. (Bear with me--this is my first post to Kindle Boards.)

NATIONAL AWARD WINNER:
As an Advance Reading Copy, NUMENON won
USA BOOK NEWS' BEST BOOKS AWARD in VISIONARY FICTION &
THE NATIONAL INDIE EXCELLENCE AWARD FOR RELIGIOUS FICTION

FIVE STARS! The material and spirit world clash in this well-written adventure novel. A fantastic intellectual work which makes readers question their priorities in this life. A highly-recommended title.
USA Book News

A fantasy set in the real world to draw readers in and never let them go, Numenon is highly recommended to readers seeking modern fiction with fantastical elements. -- Midwest Book Review

WHAT'S IT ABOUT? WILL DUANE HAD IT ALL
Head of Numenon, the vast, multinational corporation he founded, Will was the richest man on the planet and made more money with every breath. Still in his prime at 63, he had the looks, the women, and the wherewithal to be on top of the world. He surrounded himself with the best of the best, from the people in his company, to his fifteen thousand square foot home overlooking the San Francisco Bay, to the gourmet chef who prepared every exquisite morsel that went into his mouth.

But a force he could not identify pursued Will Duane. A dark and destructive power lurked just beyond his awareness, ready to overpower him whenever he was weak.

The stalker.

Driven by his need to win back the love of a mysterious woman, Will takes his top executives to he Meeting, a week long spiritual retreat in the New Mexico desert. His caravan of five fully tricked-out RVs, roughing it is not the Numenon way, makes its way through the desert wilderness to the retreat site at the Mogollon Bowl. It is on this Native American sacred land, perhaps the strongest power spot on earth, that the ancient and ageless shaman known as Grandfather will lead the retreat.

As Will and his ream progress toward the site, all hell breaks loose. They all go through their own personal purgatories and make choices that will profoundly affect their lives. When the caravan becomes stalled, the unknown stalker strikes. Out of a horrifying attack, a new possibility is born ... and evil takes a new form.

The survivors realize that they are approaching a reality beyond anything they can imagine. They must face their own terrors and weaknesses as they come face-to-face with what awaits them at the Mogollon Bowl.

The question is: Can someone be really spiritual and very, very successful financially? Do the compromises necessary in the business world preclude spirituality? Does one have to leave the world to find one's soul? You can see some of my answers in Numenon, but I'd like to hear yours.

Oh! And how do horses figure into the mix? They're all over Numenon.

And now--for the really hard part. How to load images and text in a new forum.

Greetings and happy trails to all of you!

Sandy Nathan

At 99 cents, NUMENON: MYSTICISM & MONEY is a DEAL!
Numenon (Bloodsong Series)

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
Welcome to the Boards.  Nice to have you here.
deb

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Nice to have you here, I have your book, but it is way down on my list, but I will get to it some day  :(

1 - 6 of 6 Posts