Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like many of you I have been using the decalgirl skins.. I have had CREST in my oberon tree of life cover since I got it , oh forever ago.  Anyway now that I have the butterfly I ordered some new skins and got an email that they had shipped so I decided while I had some time tonight to take off the crest skin so my kindle would be ready for the new one when it arrives.

It is funny what you get used too.. I can remember someone posting a concern about the skin possibly being a distraction..  I can assure you it is now the opposite.  My stark white kindle looks so naked and cold!!! It needs skins!!!!  While reading it tonight (still in the cover) I found the WHITE distracting.. LOL.. go figure!

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
When Ellen gave away Kindles last week, I remember being shocked...  it looked so white and naked.  Mine hadn't looked like that in so long, I had forgotten.    ;)

Your Kindle will soon be an a new outfit. 

·
Registered
3,128 Posts
Wrap a new skin around your naked and cold Kindle. I know what you mean when I first put the skin on my Kindle it took me a little while to get use to it. Now it would look strange without the skin.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I am glad I could make you smile Eric.. 

I don't want the rest of you to worry.. the Kindle is still wrapped in Oberon.. so its not exactly homeless.  However its like that great cute little black dress but you forgot your underwear.. others may not notice but YOU know its missing (I have NO idea where that analogy came from or why it popped into my head) but you get the idea...

I couldn't help think this is like my barbie as a kid.. always having to dress it.. it is either the girly girl in me or I need therapy.. either way it has to look pretty.. LOL

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Toby said:
I know what you mean. At 1st & for a long time I liked the white of the Kindle. Now that I have a skin on Kindie & I haven't had it on for long, I feel like it's more personalized. It's cuter & warmer looking. It's more fun to look at.
Toby
I agree. I trhought the white had a nice clean look until I skinned it...Now I can't imagine it naked and without a skin.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Patrizia said:
I am glad I could make you smile Eric..

However its like that great cute little black dress but you forgot your underwear.. others may not notice but YOU know its missing (I have NO idea where that analogy came from or why it popped into my head) but you get the idea...
No body forgets underwear. If you're not wearing any there is a reason for it. ::) planning on getting lucky real quick someplace where you shouldn't usually. :eek:

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Both my children have unskinned Kindles and they look so bare...but that will change in a few hours (new skins for both under the tree). And Lance will finally get his Kindle out of the dreadful black original cover when he inherits my Karamel M-edge...also under the tree.

L

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Lance is skinning his Kindle as I type this. He was thrilled with skin, the M-edge and his Lightwedge. Finally, a fully accessorized Kindle! No more naked and cold!

L

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
vamp..  now that was funny!

and no, LOL I can't bring myself to name the kindle.. I have never been one to name things.. even the barbies didnt have names... LOL

Jack, it was a joke.. LOL.. analogy .. thats all.. :).. My skins did not get here yesterday as I had hoped.. so a few days naked.. its so sad.. so cold.. LOL, they should arrive tomorrow and will be dressed elegantly as a kindle should :)

G

·
Patrizia said:
vamp.. now that was funny!

and no, LOL I can't bring myself to name the kindle.. I have never been one to name things.. even the barbies didnt have names... LOL

Jack, it was a joke.. LOL.. analogy .. thats all.. :).. My skins did not get here yesterday as I had hoped.. so a few days naked.. its so sad.. so cold.. LOL, they should arrive tomorrow and will be dressed elegantly as a kindle should :)
Same here. It's one thing to name a pet, but a piece of electronics? There's something sad and disturbing about that, IMHO. The name Kindle is just fine.

I know what you mean about the skins too. I loved my plain Kindle until I got a skin from DecalGirl and now I can't imagine it without one!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts