Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Name iof the Wind is finally on Kindle (author had no issues with it being Kindlized, was just the publishor delaying it), but is pricey:

Hopefully it will come down soon... the paperback is due to be realesed in April, so if it doesn't come down before then, surely will at that time.

it is a great book and i have the second in the series on pre-order (hardback)...

·
Registered
4,791 Posts
Cool....been wanting to read this one. Hope it gets less pricey soon though. Thanks for the heads-up!

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Thanks for the info.  It was available for Kindle way back when, then disappeared.  I thought it was the author and was ready to boycott him.  I've got to be less reactive.  :-\

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ya'll are wlecome. I loved the book and yeah, it wasn't the author this time.

I am not sure what his publisher (or Amazon) is doing... I just realized that the mass market paperback has been out for awhile. yet they have a pre-order for a paperback to be released in April (must be a trade one but they usually come out before a mass market)...

And the kindle version is almost twice the cost of the paperback that has been out almost a year???

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
hmm, $14.97 might be on the expensive side for an E-book.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Kind said:
hmm, $14.97 might be on the expensive side for an E-book.
Especially since the paperback has been out for a year with a cover pirce of $7.99. Could just be a goof and hopefully will be fixed/lowered soon

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Spoiler alert!!!!

They call the wind Mariah.

Sorry, couldn't resist.

B

·
0 Posts
robin.goodfellow said:
Spoiler alert!!!!

They call the wind Mariah.

Sorry, couldn't resist.
DAMN! You beat me to it!

And I hated Paint Your Wagon.

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
TM said:
ya'll are wlecome. I loved the book and yeah, it wasn't the author this time.

I am not sure what his publisher (or Amazon) is doing... I just realized that the mass market paperback has been out for awhile. yet they have a pre-order for a paperback to be released in April (must be a trade one but they usually come out before a mass market)...

And the kindle version is almost twice the cost of the paperback that has been out almost a year???
Can I ask how you know it was the publisher and not the author?

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Bacardi Jim said:
DAMN! You beat me to it!

No. WAY!!!! I NEVER beat you on stuff like this! rofl, I have to mark today down on my calendar. omg, this is the first time I've laughed all day.

/threadjack. As you were.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Jesslyn said:
Can I ask how you know it was the publisher and not the author?
I read his blog (and e-mail him) and he had never had a problem going to Kindle format... This is also his first book... and he is still just giddy people like and read it, however they do. He is funny and seems like a big, loveable geek... and he doesn't have the "big head" or "take himself to seriously" that some authors do.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Bacardi Jim said:
DAMN! You beat me to it!

I didn't hate the stage musical, but the movie was a real stinker. Clint Eastwood, Jean Seberg and Lee Marvin singing, actually one fo those howler unintentionally funny movies. Harve Presnell's "They Call the Wind Mariah" was the best part.

We now return to the original subject.....

·
Registered
4,791 Posts
TM said:
Okay - i jut checked this again, and the price is now down to $7.19
Beautiful...thanks for keeping us updated, TM! :)

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
TM said:
Especially since the paperback has been out for a year with a cover pirce of $7.99. Could just be a goof and hopefully will be fixed/lowered soon
they are totally fubaring the price. NOW the paperback is over $10. Methinks they have someone new working on their Amazon content

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Jesslyn said:
they are totally fubaring the price. NOW the paperback is over $10. Methinks they have someone new working on their Amazon content
The one you can pre-oder? I think that is a trade paperback... which usually comes out before the massmarket, but the massmarket one has been out for a year. Who knows what they are doing...

I had also pre-ordered the next in the series awhile ago, and now you can't do that...

·
Registered
4,791 Posts
As TM pointed out, that's for the trade paperback pre-order version.  The regular mass market paperback is still $7.99 (and in stock), and Kindle version is still $7.19.  You can tell the $10.88 version is trade (the larger size paperback) because the publisher is DAW Trade, where the mass market publisher is just DAW.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts