Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, just ordered my Kindle yesterday, and I've been perusing the boards here and at Amazon because I'm outrageously excited for it to arrive. The two to three week wait is going to KILL me. Anyway, I've seen a lot of people here have already named their Kindle, and I have decided I really wanted to name mine. I fail when it comes to making up creative names. So I figured the great people here at Kindleboards would want to help me out. I'm looking for a creative name for my Kindle, something truly unique. Bonus points if it can relate back to reading/books, but that's not necessary.

Thanks guys! I'm super excited to be here!

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Welcome Aboard Kimblee, how exciting to be awaiting your Kindle. As for a name, it is like an expectant baby or puppy as grammy said, and one will come to you. I named mine, but now that Amazing Kinny is here, I call him Kindle. LOL

Glad to have you here, you will learn so much reading the boards.

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
Welcome Kimblee, you should be excited. Waiting is the toughest part. :) Go over to the Welcome/Introduction board and properly introduce yourself to all the kindle family, Ummm, I'll be thinking about a name. My Kindle is named Ruby, no real story behind the name. I think of her as a precious gem and she wears a red M-Edge koat, so Ruby she is.

Linda

G

·
It seems to me that the best names really mean something to the person (example: Linda's Ruby) or come naturally from the way they talk about their Kindle (example: Angela who calls hers Kindle with No Name).

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
LuckyRainbow said:
It seems to me that the best names really mean something to the person (example: Linda's Ruby) or come naturally from the way they talk about their Kindle (example: Angela who calls hers Kindle with No Name).
Hi Kimblee....welcome. My Kindle is currently called "my yet to be named Kindle". I haven't found just the right name yet.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Welcome Kimblee!

I've had my Kindle for two weeks, and he still hasn't told me his name... ::)

Nemo

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Sir Sterndale Bennett told me his name and I have discovered he had very decided opinions about things, too. For example, he's excited about this idea of a birthday party but he hopes it is a tasteful and dignified event. He was worried about people smashing cake into other people's faces and I explained, that's a wedding, not a birthday. He was very relieved.

L

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
Welcome Kimblee! Being here with us will help the time pass more quickly and don't be surprised if your Kindle shows up sooner than expected!

·
Registered
508 Posts
Mnemosyne said:
Welcome Kimblee!

I've had my Kindle for two weeks, and he still hasn't told me his name... ::)

Nemo
I absolutely agree with this approach. I had thought my Kindle was named Barthemas (the genie thing). After a couple of weeks, however, he made it very clear that he was Bemis (after the Twilight Zone character) Dink (just because that is his last name...Bemis Dink...has a great ring to it). I'd have never thought of those on my own. It had to have come from Bemis himself. Bemis Dink! I love it!!!

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Figment said:
I absolutely agree with this approach. I had thought my Kindle was named Barthemas (the genie thing). After a couple of weeks, however, he made it very clear that he was Bemis (after the Twilight Zone character) Dink (just because that is his last name...Bemis Dink...has a great ring to it). I'd have never thought of those on my own. It had to have come from Bemis himself. Bemis Dink! I love it!!!
I do too!

L

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Linda Cannon-Mott said:
Leslie, Sir Sterndale Bennett is a hoot! ;D Love the cake in the face comment.
Imagine how you would feel if you were a 19th century British composer who came back to life as an electronic gadget in the 21st century? LOL. I give him a lot of credit for learning as much as he has! Of course, I keep him busy with lots of reading material...

L

·
Registered
629 Posts
Hi kimblee :)
 You will love it here. Always alot going on and the friendliest people ever. A name will come to you. Mine just popped in my head...she is "Kindled Spirit" aka "Spirit". Welcome to you ;)

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Congrats!! The first thing that popped into my head was Ogle. 3 Weeks!! I would have had a nervous breakdown...I paid for overnight shipping. Oh boy, you must have a lot of patience. I wrote a post that got a few laughs (self-promotion) about-- waiting for your kindle to arrive. Here is the cut and paste link: http://www.amazon.com/New-Kindles-arri...

(Shortened link. Admin)

·
Registered
829 Posts
Welcome Kimblee!  and congratulations on the new addition to your family!    I had my Kindle six months before finally naming it.  I chose Keiko which means adored one in Japenese.  (at least according to the internet name site I found)

It's a tough decision - you might want to wait until you hold it to decide.....

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hahah, thanks guys. This board is GREAT! Maybe I will need to have my kindle in hand before I can truly name it. Though Mnemosyne, the name nemo itself is intriguing. I may name my kindle that, unless that is what yours is named, i'm not sure.

And sjc, it's the oprah surge backorder plague that I'm currently suffering with. I have two day shipping for when it gets in, I'm just waiting for Amazon to restock.

But please keep up with the ideas, they're so great. Thanks.

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
Being a Pottermaniac, I name most of my electronics after Potter characters.  My two computers are named Fred and George.  My electric scooter is Rita Skeeter Scooter and my Kindle is Gertie Keddle Kindle named after the witch who chronicled the beginnings of Quidditch. 

·
Registered
829 Posts
gertiekindle said:
Being a Pottermaniac, I name most of my electronics after Potter characters. My two computers are named Fred and George. My electric scooter is Rita Skeeter Scooter and my Kindle is Gertie Keddle Kindle named after the witch who chronicled the beginnings of Quidditch.
Remind me not to play Harry Potter trivia with you!!

·
Registered
49 Posts
I had no clue my kindle should have a name until I came to this board!  I've asked mine her name and I've been quietly informed that her name is Amelia.  She will tolerate Millie for short if necessary.  I like to think she's named after my first book love, Amelia Bedelia.  She's still feeling a little too shy to tell me her last name though.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
The more I read about this, the more I've decided I'm going to have to wait to have it in hand and to form a relationship with it before I can name it. It sounds like a very personal experience. Feel free to have this forum be a discussion about names, you all have been incredibly useful.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts