Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 198 Posts

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
???

Okay, I have had my Kindle for 7 months and she's not yet named.  I did not realize how neglectful that I have been until I saw other posts.  I guess I am looking for a name for a wealthy, spoiled Kindle.  She's got (and will continue to get) new outfits as they come up, all the books she desires, is kept clean and still looks new.  Her personal assistant checks the charging level daily and she has more accessories than she can use.  She is also well traveled and has had been demo-ed in multiple states and cities.  She even got to see Obama although was not introduced.

I need some help in taking this last step for my fab, fab Kindle BFF.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Jessyln,

Don't feel bad. I have had mine for 9 months now and just named her. Her name is 'Pixie'. My husband just rolled his eyes. -How bout Fergie?

·
Registered
364 Posts
soapy70 said:
Jessyln,

Don't feel bad. I have had mine for 9 months now and just named her. Her name is 'Pixie'. My husband just rolled his eyes. -How bout Fergie?
Soapy70 is right It also took me several months to come up with the name Faith for my kindle. Sorry I can't think of any name to help right now, if one come to me later I post it.

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
I called my Kindle with no name for a while and then it was suggested by a new Kindle friend (LuckyRainbow) that I use the first letters of Kindle with no name... and that is how Kwinn got her name!! Something will come to you when the time is right and you will know the perfect name!

·
Registered
795 Posts
Jesslyn said:
???
Okay, I have had my Kindle for 7 months and she's not yet named. I did not realize how neglectful that I have been until I saw other posts. I guess I am looking for a name for a wealthy, spoiled Kindle. She's got (and will continue to get) new outfits as they come up, all the books she desires, is kept clean and still looks new. Her personal assistant checks the charging level daily and she has more accessories than she can use. She is also well traveled and has had been demo-ed in multiple states and cities. She even got to see Obama although was not introduced.
You might consider naming her after Isobella Bird, a wealthy and independent young woman in the nineteenth century who defied convention and traveled all over the globe having wonderful adventures (which young women just did not do in the 19th century). She ended up writing a number of books which were very well received, loved clothes and always looked elegant even in hiking gear, and created her own custom blends of perfume oils from ingredients collected in her travels. A writer and naturalist; well traveled; loved clothes....and very avant garde for her time.

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am REALLY leaning toward Isobella Bird.  That is just brilliant and quite cool because at one point in my life my nickname was bird.  Hmmm..... ;D

·
Registered
125 Posts
Isobella Bird sounds like a great match for you!

I need help naming mine too!  Mine goes with me everywhere...contains many different genres (but is hooked on the Southern Vampire Mysteries lately)...and she is used every week to hold my notes for my sermon as I preach (which is a wonderful bonus that I had not even thought of when I first bought my Kindle!).  My cat, Sophie, is very jealous of my Kindle and doesn't like anything that takes attention away from her!

Thanks for any thoughts you might have!

·
Registered
125 Posts
Angela said:
Are you needing a male name or female, Spiritdancer?
Hmmm...I was thinking a female name...but now that you ask, I'm not sure if I'm set on one or another. ??? Perhaps gender hasn't been decided for sure yet!

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
Spiritdancer said:
Hmmm...I was thinking a female name...but now that you ask, I'm not sure if I'm set on one or another. ??? Perhaps gender hasn't been decided for sure yet!
I had the same problem. Even after the name Kwinn was decided on, it took me a couple of days before I called Kwinn a she!

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
Teninx said:
No one has suggested an obvious Kindle name: Paige.
Someone already has that one... not that there couldn't be more than one Paige... hehehe

Sorry, Jeff has gotten me tickled, and now everything is making me laugh!!

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
Teninx said:
Ooops, must have missed it.
you know... more than one Paige... like pages in a book??? OK, maybe I was just still laughing at something Jeff said and it really wasn't that funny!! :-\

1 - 20 of 198 Posts