Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Me and the wife are expecting a new baby boy.  Right now we are thinking about the name Spencer Lynn.  The first name is the only name that has the possibility to be changed.  Lynn will be the middle name no matter what.  Do you like Spencer?  We are open to suggestions.  Baby is due to be born on the 4th of July also.

·
Registered
731 Posts
I like "Spenser" but with an "S". The classic "Michael" sounds good with Lynn. Whatever you choose...Jackal is right out because then his name would be Jacqueline.

Edit: How about Patrick (For Pat Tillman? A true Hero everybody can be proud of).

·
Registered
426 Posts
Yes, I like the name. :)  It was on the list of names for our son.  But I also had a lot of rules for it -- two syllable name, something that wouldn't be rude if it was shortened or went with some bad rhyme, wasn't very popular so every other kid had that name in his class.  All the rules that I had for our kids names is probably why I can't name my Kindle LOL.

·
Registered
339 Posts
DawnOfChaos said:
Yes, I like the name. :) It was on the list of names for our son. But I also had a lot of rules for it -- two syllable name, something that wouldn't be rude if it was shortened or went with some bad rhyme, wasn't very popular so every other kid had that name in his class. All the rules that I had for our kids names is probably why I can't name my Kindle LOL.
We did this with both of our kids. A pain in the butt process, but I hope it will serve them well!

·
Registered
621 Posts
thejackylking said:
Me and the wife are expecting a new baby boy. Right now we are thinking about the name Spencer Lynn. The first name is the only name that has the possibility to be changed. Lynn will be the middle name no matter what. Do you like Spencer? We are open to suggestions. Baby is due to be born on the 4th of July also.
I like it. He is not going to find every second boy in his kindergarten class has his name!
My younger son is Jake which is a very popular name now. However, since he is in his early 30's now, this means he was wa-a-ay ahead of the pack!

Patricia

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
thejackylking said:
We try to stick to unique names. My first son is named Trenten Stephen and my daughter is Shelby Gail. Not too many kids with those names so they don't get lost in the crowd.
Spencer seems more mainstream than the other two. You might want to check the social security website to see how popular it is lately. (I may just be thinking of a lot of them that are closer to my age.)

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Spencer is a great name! So, is Lynn a family name? I like the 2-1 pattern with the syllables, it makes it a great name to chant when he is a sport/rock/other star!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.