1 - 20 of 181 Posts

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
That might be fun and I might actually get to finally see a Kindle in the wild other than my own!!  ;D

So that would be Saturday, June 6 @ 10am at your local Starbucks or other local coffee shop? I would be willing.

·
Registered
621 Posts
koolmnbv said:
Just read about this national day, anyone can join.. Anywhere all over the country at their own local Starbucks and/or Local coffee shop.

They are trying to get it rolling and set up, you might run into other Kindlers or you may not but it's a neat fun idea that I would love to see gain some attention.

read more about it at the link below

http://www.amazon.com/tag/kindle/forum/ref=cm_cd_ef_tft_tp?%5Fencoding=UTF8&cdForum=Fx1D7SY3BVSESG&cdThread=Tx1QZGE4F4RRCNK&displayType=tagsDetail
Well, as it happens, I am showing my Kindle to a local person at a coffee shop today!

patrisha

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
I think this is a great idea.

Saturday, June 6th, 10 am. There are several Starbucks here in Portland, Maine. I like the one in the Old Port but there you have to deal with parking. The one on Forest Avenue has a parking lot so that might be easier. And no, I am not going to the Starbucks at the rest stop on the turnpike!

Any Mainers here who want to chime in?

L

·
Registered
685 Posts
I certainly won't be able to do it.

They actually erected a building about a hundred yards from my house that was going to be a SBX, but it never opened.

Since I haven't been able to drive for over 25 years for medical reasons, going to any one that is not within walking distance is not practical.

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
That's ok Bruce, I don't have a Starbucks anywhere near me at all - in fact don't even have a coffee shop closer than the airport, maybe I'll just take a cup of coffee outside and sit on the curb with my kindle!  ;)

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
Wow....that could be hard in Vegas. Just driving the five-six miles to school I pass eight Starbucks. I live across the street from two and a McCafe. Then there are two family owned cafes, two McCafes and a Coffee bean along the same route. (and my mom wonders why i can't kick my caffeine habits)

·
Registered
34 Posts
I just posted the Amazon link to my fb page  ;D

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
I was just thinking, we could have a chat that could start at 10 am on June 6th, for those folks who are not near a Starbucks or can't get to one. Don't Starbucks have wireless? I could bring my computer and join the chat from onsite.

This could be fun!

L

·
Super Moderator
67,739 Posts
Leslie said:
I was just thinking, we could have a chat that could start at 10 am on June 6th, for those folks who are not near a Starbucks or can't get to one. Don't Starbucks have wireless? I could bring my computer and join the chat from onsite.

This could be fun!

L
I think that's a great idea Leslie. . . . .I am trying to figure out where there is a Starbucks somewhere fairly nearby. . . .I almost never go to them so I have to think where I've seen one.

Hey, DC folks. . . we can talk about this at our Kindleklatsch on Thursday WEDNESDAY (the 27th) and see if we want to descend en masse on any particular store. . . .

1 - 20 of 181 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.