1 - 20 of 181 Posts

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
That might be fun and I might actually get to finally see a Kindle in the wild other than my own!!  ;D

So that would be Saturday, June 6 @ 10am at your local Starbucks or other local coffee shop? I would be willing.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I'd do it. 
The local one on 25th and Western in San Pedro would be nice.  Then off to the park to watch the waves and read in direct sunlight.  :eek:

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
That sounds like a cool idea :)

·
Registered
621 Posts
koolmnbv said:
Just read about this national day, anyone can join.. Anywhere all over the country at their own local Starbucks and/or Local coffee shop.

They are trying to get it rolling and set up, you might run into other Kindlers or you may not but it's a neat fun idea that I would love to see gain some attention.

read more about it at the link below

http://www.amazon.com/tag/kindle/forum/ref=cm_cd_ef_tft_tp?%5Fencoding=UTF8&cdForum=Fx1D7SY3BVSESG&cdThread=Tx1QZGE4F4RRCNK&displayType=tagsDetail
Well, as it happens, I am showing my Kindle to a local person at a coffee shop today!

patrisha

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
I think this is a great idea.

Saturday, June 6th, 10 am. There are several Starbucks here in Portland, Maine. I like the one in the Old Port but there you have to deal with parking. The one on Forest Avenue has a parking lot so that might be easier. And no, I am not going to the Starbucks at the rest stop on the turnpike!

Any Mainers here who want to chime in?

L

·
Registered
460 Posts
That actually sounds like a pretty fun idea. Providing it wasn't too much of a trek, I would definitely be interested.

·
Registered
9,932 Posts
A fun idea  --  and there are at least four SBX within five miles of me, so that's easy! 

·
Registered
685 Posts
I certainly won't be able to do it.

They actually erected a building about a hundred yards from my house that was going to be a SBX, but it never opened.

Since I haven't been able to drive for over 25 years for medical reasons, going to any one that is not within walking distance is not practical.

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
That's ok Bruce, I don't have a Starbucks anywhere near me at all - in fact don't even have a coffee shop closer than the airport, maybe I'll just take a cup of coffee outside and sit on the curb with my kindle!  ;)

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
Anju No. 469 said:
That's ok Bruce, I don't have a Starbucks anywhere near me at all - in fact don't even have a coffee shop closer than the airport, maybe I'll just take a cup of coffee outside and sit on the curb with my kindle! ;)
LOL ;D

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
Wow....that could be hard in Vegas. Just driving the five-six miles to school I pass eight Starbucks. I live across the street from two and a McCafe. Then there are two family owned cafes, two McCafes and a Coffee bean along the same route. (and my mom wonders why i can't kick my caffeine habits)

·
Registered
460 Posts
If it did end up being in Vegas, that would be perfect for me. I've been meaning to go vacation there anyway, and the weather has certainly been right for it.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I just posted the Amazon link to my fb page  ;D

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
I was just thinking, we could have a chat that could start at 10 am on June 6th, for those folks who are not near a Starbucks or can't get to one. Don't Starbucks have wireless? I could bring my computer and join the chat from onsite.

This could be fun!

L

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Angela said:
If it wasn't a 2+ hour drive I would love too!!
I thought people in Texas didn't think twice about driving 2 hours...wide open spaces and all that. ;) ;)

·
Super Moderator
67,246 Posts
Leslie said:
I was just thinking, we could have a chat that could start at 10 am on June 6th, for those folks who are not near a Starbucks or can't get to one. Don't Starbucks have wireless? I could bring my computer and join the chat from onsite.

This could be fun!

L
I think that's a great idea Leslie. . . . .I am trying to figure out where there is a Starbucks somewhere fairly nearby. . . .I almost never go to them so I have to think where I've seen one.

Hey, DC folks. . . we can talk about this at our Kindleklatsch on Thursday WEDNESDAY (the 27th) and see if we want to descend en masse on any particular store. . . .

1 - 20 of 181 Posts