Kindle Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This was linked from mobileread; I've just pulled about 10 of them to my Kindle and they look really lovely.

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Kunstformen_der_Natur

To use--click on any thumbnail shown, then on the Full resolution link that will appear beneath the preview.

You'll want to resize any you use to 600x800--this squishes them very slightly, by about 50 pixels. Pretty minor, you'll never notice it on the Kindle, but if you try to use them as it, they'll show just part of the image. If you resize keeping the current proportions, you'll either cut off a small portion of the image or have a band of the Kindle grey background showing on one side.

I also took the color illustrations, converted them to black & white, and boosted the contrast significantly so they'd show better on the K2.

Here are three I used. Some of the images from the book are truly wild illustrations of things that nearly look alien, others are simply gorgeous:

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
the sea shell one reminds me of my grandmother & papa SO MUCH! They had a house on the beach in st.augustine,fl when i was a little girl and they would take me on walks for miles with a sand bucket and we would all collect shells of all different kinds and then when we would get back to the house we would make necklaces or lamps or just tons of different things with them! My papa just died dec.08! That pic brought back GOOD memories!

THANK YOU

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
koolmnbv said:
the sea shell one reminds me of my grandmother & papa SO MUCH! They had a house on the beach in st.augustine,fl when i was a little girl and they would take me on walks for miles with a sand bucket and we would all collect shells of all different kinds and then when we would get back to the house we would make necklaces or lamps or just tons of different things with them! My papa just died dec.08! That pic brought back GOOD memories!

THANK YOU
So sorry for your loss. Now you can add the screensaver and always have a great memory at your fingertips.
deb

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
1 - 19 of 19 Posts