Kindle Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fate, the first book in my Timeless Trilogy, is priced-matched perma-free at Amazon.com and elsewhere. Overnight, Amazon UK changed the price so that it's no longer free. Yesterday, it was listed in the top 100 free, this morning it is ranked at 10,000+. I've notified KDP, but I would appreciate it if some of you with a UK account would visit the sales page and tell them of a lower price. Here are the links:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Timeless-Trilogy-Book-Fate-ebook/dp/B0054QZNRA

Free Link:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0054QZNRA

It's so frustrating to work so hard to build up the rank, then have it literally disappear overnight. Thanks for any help you can offer.

Tallulah

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
There'll be a problem with that. As I'm in the UK, I cannot see the lower price on your amazon.com link, it just says 'pricing information not available' so how can I report a price I can't see?

I've sent them your link, but I'm not sure it'll work.

Take care,
Annette

·
Registered
817 Posts
I'm afraid reporting it won't do much good. Amazon.uk has been playing games with permafree recently, taking them off for a few weeks, then putting them back on. You'll be back to free in two or three weeks, likely. They've done this to me about eight times now, and other authors have said much the same.

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
I'm afraid reporting it won't do much good. Amazon.uk has been playing games with permafree recently, taking them off for a few weeks, then putting them back on. You'll be back to free in two or three weeks, likely. They've done this to me about eight times now, and other authors have said much the same.
Yes. I've also had that happen to my permafree books, too. In previous instances, they go back free in two to three weeks. I'm not sure why Amazon UK does this, but there doesn't seem to be anything we can do about it.

·
Registered
346 Posts
It has happened to me in the UK market as well, a couple of times. It is frustrating to no end because it seems like it happens just as I'm finally starting to build some momentum in that market and then smack! I'm back at square one, trying to get them to price match again, which usually takes a few weeks. 

I have always been confused as to why they don't just price match across the system... especially since they could look at mine, or lots of other authors, that have greatly improved sales using this technique.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts