·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK I have the Oberon K2 Sky Dragon in Black with decalgal skin Stand Alone

I am thinking of switching to this skin Dragon Wars

Now the hard part, I am looking at Oberon Large Journal covers,

Water Dragon
thinking maybe in Navy and/or Dragon Roost in maybe Wine or Saddle.

So what do you all think?

Now I also have a friend who swears she will never give up reading her "real books", and she likes wolves so was thinking of getting her

along with

she says she likes the blue shown on this page as the Hokusai Wave

Which I am assuming is the Navy. Now she hasn't seen my Kindle yet so she may change her mind about giving up her "real books" so at least she will have a good cover to start with, Right?

Hope you can help me decide and no all of them is not a real good option, and I am not really into red.

Larry

--added images to links. Betsy

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
Welcome Larry, nice to have your with us.  I love dragons!!  I think the setup you currently have is very nice, even tho the skins for K2 don't have a screen saver to continue the design across the Kindle you can still see the tree.  Dragon Wars is a nice skin but you don't see much of the dragons on the front skin IMHO.  As for the Journal covers do you want to stay with an oriental theme or do you want a more medieval scene?  I personally love the Dragon Roost design and think it would be stunning in the wine color (a nice rich Burgundy), also either of the skins you decide to put on K2 will go nicely.  I think an Oberon gift would be appreciated by anyone who recognizes quality workmanship and is a very generous gift.  Are you thinking about getting her a Journal cover that she can convert to a K2 cover if/when she converts?  If you haven't already done so, please go the welcome board and introduce yourself, you will get a very nice reception from everyone here.  Brenda

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
I like the Dragon Roost better than the Water one.  IMO, the dragon gets lost in the water one...

Also, I think your friend would be more impressed with the wolf cover than the wave one

·
Premium Member
63,460 Posts
Larry, I added pics to your post so I could look at the pictures together, LOL!

I like the Dragon Roost, and it has more of the same feel as the skin you're thinking of.

As for your friend, nice gifts and I like them both.  I would probably go with the wave as I like Asian themes, but the wolf is beautiful, and I love wolves too.  I'd have to think of which one I would enjoy looking at over time.

And yes, that is the navy.

Betsy

·
Registered
142 Posts
I compared the skin to the journals and I really think the Dragon Roost in wine would look great with the skin.  I also like that pattern better because the dragon is more pronounced.  The wolf journal is available in navy, if that is the color she really likes.  I think she will be extremely happy with the wolf combo.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Betsy Thank you for the better links I was trying to do those at work but as soon as I started working on the post I get busy and I was bored for over 4 hours till then eheh.

I really like the Dragon Roost one and thought that the water dragon just wasnt there untill I ran across this

http://cgi.ebay.com/Oberon-Leather-Journal-6-x9-asian-red-WATER-DRAGON_W0QQitemZ380088594967QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item380088594967&_trksid=p4634.c0.m14.l1262

If you scroll down you will see that the water dragon scrolls around to the backside in this layout,

Yes he one for my friend would be the wolf in Navy as she likes wolves and I wanted to make sure that was the navy before I ordered it and yes I was thinking that by getting that if I can convert her to a kindle then she could use that as a cover, now she is saying she would rather have the extra large size so now I have to see if it is able to be converted to a kindle cover.

Larry

1 - 6 of 6 Posts