Kindle Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone have ANY idea how to put the K2 to sleep?? I keep posting on the board and am getting no response and cant find this in the guide.. thanks!!!

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Patrizia said:
anyone have ANY idea how to put the K2 to sleep?? I keep posting on the board and am getting no response and cant find this in the guide.. thanks!!!
Slide the power switch at the top. That will do it!

L

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Posting on the board (I assume you mean Amazon) when I am right here. Shame on you!

L

·
Registered
335 Posts
To put it to sleep slide the power switch.  To turn it off slide and hold the power switch.

To do a reset, slide and hold the power switch for 15 seconds.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
this is another reason I love this forum.. FAST answers!! thanks leslie.. !!
yeah yeah I know.. """hanging head in shame""""" I added it to someones post.. since I was there.. I should have KNOWN to come here first!!!!

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Patrizia said:
this is another reason I love this forum.. FAST answers!! thanks leslie.. !!
yeah yeah I know.. """hanging head in shame""""" I added it to someones post.. since I was there.. I should have KNOWN to come here first!!!!
We'll forgive you because we love you so much, Patrizia, and you always have the Oberon scoop!

·
Registered
615 Posts
Patrizia said:
Patrizia, I'm adding a link to new-things I found that weren't much discussed at the time, when the K2 was announced. Check out item #8 in this older posting here.

http://www.kboards.com/index.php/topic,3413.0.html

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks so much Arts!

We need Leslie to get cracking on that new book since I can't find the clock function either Alt=T does not work... come on leslie.. we need you.. LOL!!

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Leslie said:
Posting on the board (I assume you mean Amazon) when I am right here. Shame on you!

L
LOL I'll note that for future reference. :p

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Patrizia said:
thanks so much Arts!

We need Leslie to get cracking on that new book since I can't find the clock function either Alt=T does not work... come on leslie.. we need you.. LOL!!
Hit menu and look at the top of the screen. There is the time. Not nearly as fun as before but this is what we deal with. The time function changed in the K1 too so don't complain too loudly.

L

·
Registered
621 Posts
Patrizia said:
There is a little sliding switch at the top. Move it quickly and let it go. Sleep.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Leslie said:
Hit menu and look at the top of the screen. There is the time. Not nearly as fun as before but this is what we deal with. The time function changed in the K1 too so don't complain too loudly.

L
Leslie, my K1's updated software still does the English-phrase version of time, when I'm accessing a book or periodical.

As before, it delivers the prosaic HH:SS when in the home listing though.

I will miss the English-phrase version!

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
Leslie said:
L
Leslie, what do you mean by this statement? I don't understand... I see no difference in the time function on my K1. Am I missing something??

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Angela said:
Leslie, what do you mean by this statement? I don't understand... I see no difference in the time function on my K1. Am I missing something??
I thought that it had changed to not have the words but it does have the words....if you are reading in a book and it is in the half-hour "to" the time ..."twenty til seven" and so on.

I thought it had changed to only showing the time as numbers: ie, 7:40 but I was wrong. On the K2, it does only show as numbers.

L

·
Registered
4 Posts
Ohhh!  I did not realize there was a difference between 'off' and 'sleep'.  I left mine in 'sleep' all night because I thought that was as 'off' as it got.  Should we turn it 'off' when we are not using it?
???Hanging my head in ingnorance.

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Valerie said:
Ohhh! I did not realize there was a difference between 'off' and 'sleep'. I left mine in 'sleep' all night because I thought that was as 'off' as it got. Should we turn it 'off' when we are not using it?
???Hanging my head in ingnorance.
"Sleep" and "off" are basically equivalent. I leave my Kindle (both the classic and now the new one) in sleep mode when I am not reading. I sort of think Amazon is encouraging sleep mode, since it is so easy to do on the new one...flick the switch and voila!

L

·
Registered
289 Posts
Leslie said:
"Sleep" and "off" are basically equivalent.
Leslie, I believe this is completely accurate when the wireless is left OFF, but I believe if you leave the wireless ON, it still pulls from the battery while in sleep mode, correct? (So turning the wireless OFF, and turning the Kindle OFF accomplish the same thing, right.)

Some people like to turn their Kindles off to get a "fresh start", like rebooting a computer. I mostly leave mine in sleep mode with the wireless OFF and turn it to download material or check the Kindle Post.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts