Kindle Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone give me some good book/author recommendations, I am not sure what exactly this gendre is called, kind of like Criminal Minds/Crime Scene.  My first choice is always the Kathy Reichs series but I have read everything to date, I also discovered Lisa Gardner and read all 13 of her books that I could find, I also really enjoyed the 3 books written by Steig Larsson.  Does anyone have any suggestions for books/authors that I might like, thanks.

·
Registered
356 Posts
My son and I both liked the Larrson trilogy and are now reading Jo Nesbo, a Norwegian writer.  So far we really like the book we're trading back and forth, called THE REDBREAST.  It was the first in Nesbo's Harry Hole series translated into English; before I get to him on Kindle I need to catch up with his series from the beginning.

I know he has a new one out that is a big hit, but I like to go back to the start.

Julia

·
Registered
836 Posts
You might check out Alafair Burke. Her books feature a main character who is a lady D.A. They're great books, imo. She is James Lee Burke's daughter. I just looooove him, but his books don't match your question.
For an awesome cheap read - check out J. Carson Black's Laura Cardinal books. There are three in the series, starting with "Darkness on the Edge of Town." Black is a KB member and all her books are 99 cents right now, I think. Her main character is a lady cop, not lawyer, but the books are great.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Just finished reading Ice Cold by Tess Gerritsen, who has already been mentioned.  Good thriller, kept me glued to the last paragraph. Also Karen Slaughter is very good. And in the same category, Lisa Jackson.  Happy Reading.

Joan

:D

·
Registered
99 Posts
Julia444 said:
My son and I both liked the Larrson trilogy and are now reading Jo Nesbo, a Norwegian writer. So far we really like the book we're trading back and forth, called THE REDBREAST. It was the first in Nesbo's Harry Hole series translated into English; before I get to him on Kindle I need to catch up with his series from the beginning.

I know he has a new one out that is a big hit, but I like to go back to the start.

Julia
That guy's books are always in my 'Recommended' list when I got to Amazon to do some Kindle shopping. Maybe they're trying to tell me something... ::)

Maybe I should listen.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Tess Gerritsen is great and Mo Hayder is even edgier - crossing over into Thomas Harris territory.  Brilliant.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts