Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody, it's been a long time since I've posted about book covers. In my boredom with stock images, I've been focusing on my watercolor art and would like to lean that way with original art book cover illustrations. Children's books are the obvious possibility, but I would prefer to design Cozy Mystery and Chick Lit art.

So... I'm really loving these morbid little pincushions but did I skip right over "cozy" and land on "weird" (weird being my natural tendency)? Or too cute? I see a lot of cozy mystery covers that are crowded with detailed scenery that is hard to make out at small browsing size. And my style is definitely minimalist/high focal point.

Before I go one step further, I could use some feedback. Are you attracted to this as a cozy mystery reader? As a cozy mystery author? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Love to have these in our gallery. Wow!

·
Registered
366 Posts
Really nice . . . I'll be keeping you in mind.

·
Registered
327 Posts
God I wish I had your talent!!

I'm keeping an eye on you missy, I think you're going to come up with my perfect cover accidentally someday!!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Wow, I really love the apocalypse covers! I'm bookmarking your site for when I get ready to publish, I will seriously consider getting a cover from you because I certainly don't want to have to deal with that on my own.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts