Kindle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey knowledgeable folks,

I made some errors when I posted my book for a member giveaway on Library Thing. I can't for the life of me figure out how to go back to that form or where to make the needed changes.

Anyone know how?

Thanks!
Cidney

·
Registered
3,651 Posts
Hi Cidney,

Your book is here (about a quarter way down the page): http://www.librarything.com/er/giveaway/list

There is a little icon on the right you can click to edit all the details of the giveaway.

It has no book cover uploaded, so I would recommend you do that. You should note that each time you make any changes you have to re-upload the cover, which is a little annoying.

Dave

·
Registered
925 Posts
dgaughran said:
You should note that each time you make any changes you have to re-upload the cover, which is a little annoying.
I noticed this. Luckily, I was able to fix it before it went live. I'm hoping to get a fair number of reviews, but I won't hold my breath. Good luck to you, Cidney!

·
Registered
5,677 Posts
Do you have to pay to be a member before joining the giveaway? Or are there any other requirements?

·
Registered
3,651 Posts
The basic membership is free.

Then you need to apply for "author status" which is also free.

I recommend taking the time to check out the site, add books to your library, and participate a little in the group discussions to get the most out of it. It's a ZERO promo zone though, no mention of your book unless asked, no signature or anything. Promo is a big no no.

More tips here: http://davidgaughran.wordpress.com/2011/07/15/promo-tip-librarything-giveaways/

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
dgaughran said:
The basic membership is free.

Then you need to apply for "author status" which is also free.

I recommend taking the time to check out the site, add books to your library, and participate a little in the group discussions to get the most out of it. It's a ZERO promo zone though, no mention of your book unless asked, no signature or anything. Promo is a big no no.

More tips here: http://davidgaughran.wordpress.com/2011/07/15/promo-tip-librarything-giveaways/
All great advice.

Also (as a sort of facepalm) when I read this language, I read too fast:

How do I post a book for Member Giveaways?

Click "Post a Giveaway" and follow the instructions screen.

To post a book for a Member Giveaway, at least one of the following must be true: 1) You are a LibraryThing Author 2) You have at least 50 books in your LibraryThing account 3) You have a paid LibraryThing account

I thought I needed all three, not just "one of the following." You only need one, just in case anyone else reads too quickly at times!
Cidney

·
Registered
3,651 Posts
To get best results, I would recommend, at a minimum, adding a load of books to your library and applying for author status before posting a giveaway. Even better if you can interact a little in the groups.

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Odd thing happened to me on Library Thing; I received a note from a reviewer asking where her copy of my book is so she can do the review, yet I didn't request any reviews. Not sure if this is someone after a freebie or an error. I didn't post giveaways, so it's not a misunderstanding. What do you guys think of Library Thing? I haven't quite decided.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
@David, I have found some very, very cool threads over there and gotten some great recommends, but I haven't applied for author status. At least I don't think I have. :p *heads over to check*

1 - 11 of 11 Posts