Kindle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've uploaded an e-book trilogy as book 1,2,3. So far so good.

I have 3 print books in draft, but they are showing as book 4,5,6 insted of 1,2,3 to match the e-books

When I try and alter them with the edit, it messes up the e-book order.

Anyone had this problem and resolved it? Is it something customer services have to resolve, or could I be doing something wrong.

LEASE READ MY POST BOLOW AS IT MAYBE EXPLAINS WHAT i NEED TO KNOW

·
Registered
5,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
I've uploaded an e-book trilogy as book 1,2,3. So far so good.

I have 3 print books in draft, but they are showing as book 4,5,6 insted of 1,2,3 to match the e-books

When I try and alter them with the edit, it messes up the e-book order.

Anyone had this problem and resolved it? Is it something customer services have to resolve, or could I be doing something wrong.
Is this the problem? At upload of the print book, it asks if the book is part of an existing series and I clicked yes, it then auto added the e-book series title and gave it a follow on number to the e-book numbering.

Should I click no and start the print book as a new series but with the same series title as the eBooks?

·
Registered
12,227 Posts
At upload of the print book, it asks if the book is part of an existing series and I clicked yes, it then auto added the e-book series title and gave it a follow on number to the e-book numbering.

After it automatically adds the series title, it should display the series title and book numbers, asking if they are correct or if you'd like to edit them. That's your chance to choose edit. If you've already clicked Yes and can't get back to that spot to choose Edit, email KDP Help and ask them to correct the numbers.

There may be some way to do it yourself on your dashboard but I haven't run into this problem myself, so I'm not sure how to correct it from the publisher end. KDP will be able to do it from theirs, though.

·
Registered
5,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think you have to link each of the print books to its corresponding ebook instead of setting them up completely separately. Not sure how easy or difficult it is to do this retrospectively - there's an option on the kdp bookshelf to start a print book to go with the ebook.
Also Carol (was Dara)
Yeah I've seen that. Here is where I'm at

When I uploaded the print books, I clicked to say they were part of an existing series and it added them to my e-book series so the print books and ebooks are listed together as books 1,2,3 for the e-books and 4,5,6 for the print, but they won't edit so that both sets are 1,2,3. All editing does is mess up the e-book order. I f for example I edit the print book to book 1, the the eBook 1 takes is place as book 4.

Have I done wrong by saying the print books are part of an exising series?
Should I have started a new series and given then the same series name?
Or, should I have left it blank and then clicked on the dashboard to have them joined with the eBooks and then Amazon will add the series titles and numbers to the print books?.

Appreciate any help you could give me as it's stressing me out.

·
Registered
5,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Okay, it's all sorted now.

What 'id done was on the upload page it asks if they are part of a new or existing series.

I clicked existing series in error and it added the print book to the ebook series with follow on numbers which couldn't be changed.

I went into the ebook series and deleted them

When I went back to the upload page, I clicked the correct box as a new series, so it's all good now, thanks.

Bear in mind the print books were in draft. I imagine of I'd have hit publish, it would have been a task for customer services.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts