Kindle Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
159 Posts
I am always on the lookout for reusable snack/sandwich bags for my kids' lunches.  The type that does up with either velcro or a zipper, and replaces plastic baggies.  For me/us, they have to have cute patterns and a good, non-toxic lining.  I like it when people sell them as a package deal, i.e. a single snack bag is $5, sandwich bag is $6.50, but a set with two of each is $20, or something like that.

· Registered
159 Posts
PG4003 (Patricia) said:
That's interesting about the sandwich baggies. I've never seen those made from fabric with a lining, I've seen lunch sacks but not actual baggie type things. Is the lining vinyl, I assume would need to be something you could wipe clean with a cloth?

ETA: Never mind, I found a tutorial. How interesting! You use the plastic mylar like potato chip bags for the lining. Recycling! I might try some of these, just for the experience. I love trying to make new and different things. Here's the link: https://docs.google.com/fileview?id=0BwWbdmlmg7WdNWQ2MzQ1ODEtMWM3Mi00ZDhlLTk2NGEtNzNkYzhhMmI0ZDhh&hl=en
Patricia, check out the selection from Lavish and Lime - they make their own and also carry RuMe brand. I don't know what the lining is on their handmade version, but it's non-toxic and waterproof. Also PVC/BPA/lead/phthalate-free. I have also bought bags from WasteNotSaks on Etsy - same info re: non-toxic materials used and tons of fabrics to choose from. My kids love their little snack bags and people are always asking us where we got them from.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.