Kindle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a brand new Kindle convert and to be perfectly honest I think I'm beginning to suffer from K.I.O ( Kindle Information Overload ) lol....  I've been submerged in all things Kindle for almost two weeks while I've waiting for my Kindle 2 to be delivered.  I'm reading numerous blogs, joined several boards and use Google to search for anything related to Kindle.

WELL.... My Kindle finally came yesterday and my brain seems to have gone blank... I only recall a fraction of the things I've read.  I've been able to add my own pictures and music as well as send .pdf's etc., but one very basic thing seems to have escaped me. 

How ( or is it even possible ) do I navigate a book.... specifically how do I jump to a particular page or chapter?  I have a couple of technical books which categorize information in chapters but how do I get to chapter xxx when I'm on page two, three etc?  I recall reading a blog that talked about bookmarking each chapter but GEEEEEZ that can be a real pain.  Is that my only option?

Thanks !
Chuck  :- )

G

·
If the book has a table of contents, you can open your menu, go to the table of contents, pick the chapter you want and then jump to it.  You don't usually have to bookmark them in advance.

If you want to go back to where you were, you may want to book mark that location before you leave it.  You can scroll to the top of the page and hit enter to do this or open up the menu and chose book mark location.

·
Super Moderator
67,559 Posts
Take a deep breath Chuck. . .it'll be O.K.  :)

Seriously, I totally understand what you're saying:  you read all this stuff, think 'hey, way cool' and then when it's time to use it it's like coming up with answers for a final exam and your brain goes blank.

Vamp has given you a good hint.  I would expect a technical book would have a linked Table of Contents.  If it doesn't you may have to estimate where chapters start and set the bookmarks yourself.  Yes, it's kind of labor intensive, but then you'll always have it.  If it's a book you use a lot, it's probably worth it.

Ann

1 - 6 of 6 Posts