Kindle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I am trying to make a nice signature for the board and am trying to put in a widget from Shelfari, but I keep getting the code, not the image.  Am I doing something wrong or can this not be done?

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Frequently boards can't use all the same HTML you could normally use on a website. Since your code starts with div, I would say that's probably the problem.

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
I think the Shelfari widgets are all HTML, the profile will only take bbCode.

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Betsy the Quilter said:
It looks like it's invoking javascript? (.js extension) Don't think that will work here?

Betsy
They have a flash version. I'm still playing around with it. I am starting a blog on blogspot (or maybe my website). Is there any code that would let me advertise KindleBoards? I would be happy to do so as I think this is overall THE best Kindle resource.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Heya Jesslyn!

Fellow Shelfari user and blogger here!  I'd be interested in checking out your blog so drop me a line with your blog address!  The logos that pidgeon92 linked you to work great so you shouldn't have any problems there.  I wasn't aware that Shelfari offered flash versions of their widgets, but if they're not too intensive you might consider getting yourself one of those apps that will automatically append each post you make with a flash code.  That would work only if flash was enabled on the boards though.  I see an icon for it by the post tools, but I'm not sure if it's actually enabled. 

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
mimikoh said:
Heya Jesslyn!

Fellow Shelfari user and blogger here! I'd be interested in checking out your blog so drop me a line with your blog address! The logos that pidgeon92 linked you to work great so you shouldn't have any problems there. I wasn't aware that Shelfari offered flash versions of their widgets, but if they're not too intensive you might consider getting yourself one of those apps that will automatically append each post you make with a flash code. That would work only if flash was enabled on the boards though. I see an icon for it by the post tools, but I'm not sure if it's actually enabled.
This will be my 1st blog and my 1st post. What is your shelfari name? I'll look you up and let you know when I get my 1st post up.

·
Registered
58 Posts
www.shelfari.com/o1518016095

I really only use shelfari for the blog widget purposes though so I haven't posted any reviews or anything on the site itself.  I save that for my blog. 

·
Registered
447 Posts
Jesslyn said:
Okay, I am trying to make a nice signature for the board and am trying to put in a widget from Shelfari, but I keep getting the code, not the image. Am I doing something wrong or can this not be done?
I posted this with Shelfari as a topic.

I have a Shelfari widget on my myspace page.

I can't put the widget here in my profile or messages so here's the link to myspace

http://www.myspace.com/avie3

You can see my profile on Shelfari and scroll down to see the bookshelf.

I haven't entered new books for awhile but I tagged some of them as having them on my Kindle.

http://www.shelfari.com/o1517669678

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
drdln (dr s dhillon) said:
How do I make" For Your Kindle" red in my signature. I have tried it doesn't seem to work. Appreciate any help.

I tried and doesn't work [font color=red][/font]
It's because it's a link.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts