Kindle Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Currently writing my first Christian romance
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,
I'll appreciate any help I can get with the new Christian romance book I'm currently working on. Following the outline I have has become challenging and I keep finding it difficult to give the heroine the same voice. Please help....

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
I am not into Christian romance, but as some authors here can attest, outlining can have its limitations. Some authors thrive on them. Others use rougher outlines and let the story and the characters develop as they write, referring to the outline now and then to keep the general plot on track.

·
Registered
Currently writing my first Christian romance
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am not into Christian romance, but as some authors here can attest, outlining can have its limitations. Some authors thrive on them. Others use rougher outlines and let the story and the characters develop as they write, referring to the outline now and then to keep the general plot on track.
Thank you

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello, Judy,

peace & joy. I have been many things, and among them I have been a Technical Writer and Editor. Just for fun, I wrote a novella and published it on Kindle some years back. Don't think I've sold a single copy... But then I don't Advertise or Promote.

But I do know grammar and punctuation and all that. And I know that you MUST create an outline to keep track of where you're going. But you can of course start from the Middle and work Out (instead of Top-Down), as long as you don't confuse yourself. Writing the ENDING is also a good place to start. It helps to KNOW whether the Conclusion will be Happy or Sad.

I was raised Roman Catholic with Nuns and the whole bit. I was even an Altar Boy. And I have read more about the History of Christianity than any sane man needs to know. But then it's been a while since anyone accused me of being sane. So I can be flexible on points of Doctrine and such. Especially when the story needs to hang together around specific Ideas.

If you send me (or point me at) a file with whatever you have now, I'll send you back a markup and technical comments in a couple days. (I'm retired. I ain't got a huge backlog on my desk right now...)

Oh, if you're following someone's Writer's Guide, please let me know that, too. Ain't no point in me arguing with your other experts.

Also keep straight in your head the separation between Format and Content. Format tells you how long a chapter is and whether your chapters START with a bang or END with a bang. Content tells you whether the girl and boy START already liking each other or whether they GROW to not hate each other so much.

Vince O'Mahony

@@@@@@@@@@
Hello everyone,
I'll appreciate any help I can get with the new Christian romance book I'm currently working on. Following the outline I have has become challenging and I keep finding it difficult to give the heroine the same voice. Please help....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts