Kindle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently we changed our router from WEP to WPA2 security and ever since we've had problems with our printers. We have 2 HP printers and they constantly go "offline" or are in "error" status. The only way we can get them back online is to reboot the router and that's just crazy. We have walked thru the HP support troubleshooting and have tweaked just about everything that's been suggested. Each printer has their own IP static address assigned to it so that's not the problem. I know there are many possibilities as to why they go offline, but I'm hoping someone has a piece of advice I haven't heard yet, as nothing else has worked! We are so frustrated at this point that I'm surprised I have any hair left.

If you've had a similar problem or any idea what the problem could be, please share! Any ideas are appreciated!!

·
Registered
22,056 Posts
We have had the same issue with II's computer. Never had the problem with my computer. Was hoping someone would have a solution.

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We finally got it figured out after much frustration and trying things. When we changed to WPA2 it caused our router to want to keep changing "channels" and every time it changed channels it would kick the printers offline, which was very often. Once we changed the setting to not change channels, they stayed online! Yay! We changed it a couple weeks ago and they are still online with no problems, thank goodness!

I don't know if that will solve anyone else's problem with the printers, but wanted to post what we did in case it would happen to help someone else.

·
Registered
21,587 Posts
I am glad you found the problem.  I have an HP 8100 and a Brother HL 22.  Both are on my network WIFI.  No problems with the HP.  The only problem with the Brother Laser is that it does not have a little screen so getting a new password in requires going wired and then back to WIFI.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts