Kindle Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for some help with PDF file format for Create-Space book. I have formatted but it needs some fixes. I can email the files for corrections. If you work for a fee, please let me know the amount. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
I'm not sure what program you are using to write with, but I use MSWord.  When creating PDF's for print books to Lightning Source, the easiest way is to simply install Adobe Acrobat and use the create PDF functions it ties into Word.  Word will create 2001/1a-x compliant PDF files and they will look exactly like they do in Word.  It's made my life so much easier than trying to use an Adobe program to create a PDF file.  Especially if they are wanting you to do any of that goofy post script/distiller crap.

·
Registered
5,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Vicki. I did use word 2007 and created PDF using acrobat 5 version. The main problem is re-size because the text doesn't fit in certain pages. I need someone who is familiar with acrobat to make those changes. Including adding some new pages to the original book.

My main problem is I want to keep the same format that was used for 1st edition and that's why I need some changes to fit in with CS format.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
5,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
SBJones said:
I'm not sure what program you are using to write with, but I use MSWord. When creating PDF's for print books to Lightning Source, the easiest way is to simply install Adobe Acrobat and use the create PDF functions it ties into Word. Word will create 2001/1a-x compliant PDF files and they will look exactly like they do in Word. It's made my life so much easier than trying to use an Adobe program to create a PDF file. Especially if they are wanting you to do any of that goofy post script/distiller crap.
Thanks SBJones. I did use acrobat 5 version to create from msword exactly the way you explained. My main problem is I want to keep the same format that was used for 1st edition and that's why I need some changes such as re-size to fit in with CS format. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks again.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
You're probably going to have to completely start over with the new print version if you are going to resize anything.  Just adjusting a header by 0.2 inches to put an author name and title name at the top of each page can make a book grow by 50 pages.  If you are resizing the page size for a new book format, everything will change and existing table of contents will have to be redone as well.  Orphans might pop up as well that might require some additional editing.

I don't think you're going to be able to get away with some simple tweaking and page inserts.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
*DrDLN* (dr.s.dhillon) said:
Thanks Vicki. I did use word 2007 and created PDF using acrobat 5 version. The main problem is re-size because the text doesn't fit in certain pages. I need someone who is familiar with acrobat to make those changes. Including adding some new pages to the original book.

My main problem is I want to keep the same format that was used for 1st edition and that's why I need some changes to fit in with CS format.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
I'd be happy to have a look at it for you if you'll send me your Word doc, current PDF, and what changes you'd like. My email address is on my profile.

Cheers
Vicki

P.S. I may not be able to get to it for a day or two, but I'll keep you posted.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts