Kindle Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone here have a Zune? My Dad bought one and needs help with it, but I have never had an MP3 and don't have a clue as to how to help him. Thanks.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do you have to buy music strictly from the Zune website (i.e., Zune Pass/Subscription)? My Dad had the 14 day trial and downloaded tons of music, but for some reason it deleted them. He's so bummed that he spent all that time loading his player and now they're all gone.

·
Registered
780 Posts
No you can get music from anyone that supports the zune- I have gotten some from amazon in MP3 format. If you use the zune pass, you are pretty much renting the music, once the subscription lapses you lose your rights to the songs unless you buy them. You also can not burn CDs from stuff you get with your zune pass. If you have a zune pass you do get 10 credits per month so you can download and own 10 tracks per month in addition to the unlimited amount you can have access to as long as you keep your subscription up to date. I do have a zune pass because I like being able to try different types of music I might not otherwise try. Hope this helps

Lynn L

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, this does help. A couple of other questions though...

1. What other site do you download your music from?
2. Do you just click and drag the same as you do on the Zune Marketplace site?

Thanks for answering my questions.

·
Registered
780 Posts
The only other site I have used is amazon. I have it download to my music folder ( I have windows XP). Then in the zune settings you tell the Zune what folders on your computer to monitor and the downloads will be transferred to your Zune software and then to your Zune when it is connected.

Lynn L

·
Premium Member
12,456 Posts
Rita said:
Do you have to buy music strictly from the Zune website (i.e., Zune Pass/Subscription)? My Dad had the 14 day trial and downloaded tons of music, but for some reason it deleted them. He's so bummed that he spent all that time loading his player and now they're all gone.
When the 14-day trial is over, those songs should remain in your collection - just in an unplayable state. To make them playable, he'd need to sign up for the Zune Pass, which is $14.99/month.

I have a Zune Pass subscription, and I really recommend them. You Dad may want to try it for a few months and see if it works for him.

Lynn is right, my other website happens to be a Zune website - http://www.zunerama.com

·
Premium Member
12,456 Posts
Yes, the poor thing was a ZuneWidow before becoming a KindleWidow. She is much neglected!

We have accumulated a lot of members! The site has been up since July 2006. The posting is fairly quiet right now but will pick up again in the fall with new Zune announcements.

·
Registered
21,588 Posts
I might also add that there are several programs out there that will allow you to "rip" your CDs into MP3s.
So if your dad has music that he wants on his Zune, rip it and transfer it over.
Also if you borrow (pretend you didn't here this from me) a CD from a friend, "rip" it and transfer it to the Zune, returning the CD to the friend.

Just sayin.......

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
Rita, there also another way to get music.... I get cds from the library. (I buy used or check them out)

Which Zune did he get? I know that the 4gb was 60-ish bucks a couple weeks back at Frys electronics. I have the orginal 30gb

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
To Geoff... My lips are sealed. :-X

To Vegas...He bought an 8GB.

What programs do you use or recommend?

It's kinda embarrassing that my 65 year old Dad has an MP3, but I don't. I may have to remedy this.

Which MP3 do you like the best Zune or iPod?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.