Kindle Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
555 Posts
Laurie said:
I have been on the phone now for ONE HOUR AND EIGHT MINUTES - and on hold for most of that time. What makes it more frustrating is that this is my THIRD CALL to CS. The first time I was told there was no update available (so pay no attention to that "Item Downloaded" message and the repeat unsuccessful update messages); the second time I gave up after being on hold for more than 1/2 hour. Now for the third time I'm just waiting... and waiting... and waiting.... and listening to that same stupid piano tune repeated endlessly. During my wait time I have watched my Kindle show "Item Downloaded" at least 5 or 6 times. After awhile it puts itself to sleep. Then it attempts an update - which fails - and restarts. If somebody doesn't pick up this phone soon I'm going to go crazy. What do they have, 1 CS person to answer all the calls!!???:
My first advice on calling CS is to not call on the weekend. I have not had good luck with Kindle CS on the weekend. During the week, it's a different story. I would advise you to call around 9 am PT on Monday when the wait is much shorter.

I did have a Kindle that refused to update. It went back for screen fading issues but it never did update manually or automatically. The other one I had here at the same time did eventually update. Seems to me that there is something wrong with the one that refused to update since A) I had it longer and B) the one that DID update when from v2.0 to v2.0.3. The one that did NOT update is stuck at v2.0.2.

There might just be one person on since I got the same person twice last week and she remembered me. LOL

EllenR

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.