Kindle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am sure this has been addressed in older posts, but I am not finding the answer.  Before I call Amazon and end up on the phone for an hour, I would like to ask the experts here because you are all so helpful and knowledgeable. 
I just purchased a Kindle Voyage, and no matter what I do, it will not sync with the Kindle app on my iPad Air 2 or my iPhone.  Ideally, I want to be able to pick up any of the three and start reading where I left off.  Sadly, this is far from happening. So, what am I doing wrong?  Any thoughts or ideas?  I've had Kindles before (and belonged to this board a number of years ago under a different user name), and I've had iPad and iPhones for a number of years, but this one has me puzzled. 
Thank you in advance for any insight or suggestions you can offer.
Linda

·
Registered
4,904 Posts
I don't have any specific idea, but have you looked at "Your Devices" and "Settings" in your Amazon account?  Maybe there's something that will give you a clue to the problem or how to fix it.  I've never found any customer service at any Amazon department to be difficult or lengthy.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good suggestion, Sandpiper, and I just checked.  Everything is listed and seems to be in order. 

Anyone else having issues with syncing between Voyage and Kindle app on other devices?

·
Registered
12,255 Posts
My stuff syncs fine between the Voyage, my kindle fires and my android apps on my phone and my Nexus. I don't have a i-thingie.

Things to check if you haven't already. In your manage device and content, check settings and make sure your syncing between devices is still on. Check and compare the names in your devices tab and see if they match the names on the devices.

You can de-rgister and re-register your Voyage to see if that will help it. Wait a few minutes in between the re-registering. Heck maybe a restart on it alone. Worth a try.

It is the Voyage that is not syncing? The apps and the fires sync with each other fine? Make sure your time is correct on the Voyage. My wifi model did not automatically do the daylight time change I had to do it manually.

I can't think of anything else to check.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, it is the Voyage that is not syncing. Okay, I see one thing that I just removed after your suggestion to check the devices. They had TWO Kindle Voyages on my Amazon Manage Device, one without a serial number or anything.  Hmm, wonder if that was creating problems?  I deleted it (against dire warnings  ;)), and will read some tonight and see if everything syncs properly now. 

Thank you all for so many great suggestions! 

Atunah, do you have your Kindle Voyage set as the Prime device? 

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just answered my own question about the prime device.  Apparently, that only signifies which device is listed first when you download a book.  Never quit learning!  :)

·
Super Moderator
67,350 Posts
ReadingJoy said:
I am sure this has been addressed in older posts, but I am not finding the answer. Before I call Amazon and end up on the phone for an hour, I would like to ask the experts here because you are all so helpful and knowledgeable.
I just purchased a Kindle Voyage, and no matter what I do, it will not sync with the Kindle app on my iPad Air 2 or my iPhone. Ideally, I want to be able to pick up any of the three and start reading where I left off. Sadly, this is far from happening. So, what am I doing wrong? Any thoughts or ideas? I've had Kindles before (and belonged to this board a number of years ago under a different user name), and I've had iPad and iPhones for a number of years, but this one has me puzzled.
Thank you in advance for any insight or suggestions you can offer.
Linda
You do need to have syncing turned on. I'm not sure it is, by default, though I would have thought so.

At MYC&D go to the settings tab . . .far right. Scroll down a bit to 'device synchronization' and be sure it's turned on.

And, it doesn't really hurt to de-register a device, as it's quite easy to register it again and all is restored.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Good Morning!  I am happy to report that it wasn't a Kindle Voyage issue at all.  The issue was on my iPad and iPhone as the Syncing option had not been turned on!  :(  What a hassle over something as simple as a setting.  I must say that Apple does not make it easy to find that option!!  All settings should be as straightforward as on the Kindle Voyage.

Thank you all for some very good suggestions.  Maybe they will also be helpful to someone else down the line.

Thanks again and happy reading!

·
Registered
12,255 Posts
I am glad you found what the issue was though.

I didn't know there are settings for that on apple devices. On my androids, I don't recall setting anything. I just downloaded the app and it synced.

·
Super Moderator
67,350 Posts
Atunah said:
I am glad you found what the issue was though.

I didn't know there are settings for that on apple devices. On my androids, I don't recall setting anything. I just downloaded the app and it synced.
Same for me on my android phone . . . . As long as sync is set on at Amazon, it works. :D

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Apple always has to be different!  ???  I was going around in circles trying to figure out what was going on; now I know.  Live and learn, but it should be as simple as Android! 

1 - 11 of 11 Posts