Kindle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered the Nespresso VirtuoPlus for my husband for Christmas. He loves coffee. The pods are recyclable, though not in our weekly recycle bin. I know nothing about these machines, though I have tasted the coffee. Any suggestions of buying the pods? Is Amazon the Best Buy for the pods? He loves having an espresso made for him from one of the kids huge espresso machines that would engulf our kitchen counter.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Jane, is this the machine that brews the larger sized pods?  I have the Nespresso Creatista and like it a lot.  It only brews the small pods. I have a Keurig for daily use and the Nespresso for espresso occasionally.  As for where to purchase the pods, I prefer to buy directly from Nespresso.  The pods are fresher, IMO, and you know they will work with your machine.  I bought some "knock-off" pods and found they did not work well.  Be sure to register your machine with Nespresso and you will get frequent deals on coffee, etc.  Also there most likely will be an offer with the machine you bought for an introductory gift pack sampler of coffee pods and other offers for a new user.  And, check on the Nespresso site to locate the nearest Nespresso Boutique (typically in malls in larger cities) where you can taste different coffees, learn more about your machine and buy pods directly from the Nespresso store.  Hope this helps.

·
Registered
3,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
etexlady, thank for the suggestions. The VerturoPlus apparently takes both the large pods for coffee and the smaller pods for espresso. It comes with a sampler of pods. The machine is supposed to arrive today, but I will have to hide it until Christmas. I have been told that Amazon has the best prices on Nespresso pods, but I will keep my eye on the Nespresso site too. We make a pot of coffee in the morning in our Technivorm, but it will be nice to have a cup at other times of the day when we do not need a whole pot.

ETA: Actually the Verturo takes only one size pod....the difference is the coffee within and what size cup you set the machine for. The machine has arrived but is yet unboxed. I am still trying to figure out if it is cheaper to buy the pods from Nespresso or from Amazon. I think there is a sampling of pods in the shipment.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts