Kindle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I paid for a year's worth of Netgalley from Patchwork Press (who've been delightful to deal with) even though I didn't need the reviews (on Amazon, anyway) but because I thought the Netgalley reviews would show up on other sites such as Goodreads and blogs that cater to my category (middle grade). Sadly, after eight months of this (with four more to go), it's hard to know where the Netgalley reviews actually show up. In the emails I get from PP, no sites are provided; just the Netgalley site that I cannot access and the reviewer's email address ... and I am not about to go there! Once in a blue moon, I get a web site where the review appears, but this is rare.

Every month, I get a handful of emails from Patchwork Press detailing my reviews but they don't tell me where the reviews will appear—just on Netgalley and I'm not a member of that. Otherwise, I have no way of tracking down these reviews.

Maybe this is useful; maybe not. I have no idea how many people subscribe to Netgalley as readers who look at reviews, but they're certainly not seeing them anywhere other than at Netgalley.

So, after all is said and done, I guess I won't be re-upping for Negalley again any time soon.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Carol (was Dara) said:
Can you ask PP for links to where the reviews are posted, so you can see if they're on personal blogs or other places outside Netgalley?
I did email to ask when my first book's reviews came in, but was told that what I got in the email was ... what I got. Some reviewers have blogs and their reviews show up there, and links are given. But most of the reviews I have received so far are for Netgalley members only.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Typically if the reviews show up on goodreads it will say, I received a copy for review from netgalley, somewhere in the review.

As for pluses and minuses, I am trying to figure out the same thing. I am only 3 weeks into my 3 month co op and already thinking it isn't worth renewing. Although, I do know I've gotten 6 additional reviews on goodreads and 1 on amazon from this--but the goal was for the reviewers to have a reach and affect sales, and so far they have just been typical reviews. I'm not knocking typical reviews, I'm all for them, but for the price it's not worth it so far.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts