Kindle Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had another thread about this a while ago, but the program has evolved a bit since then and instead of confusing the issue I thought it would be better to start over.

Those of you who previously volunteered to be site hosts: I already sent you an email with the info. You don't need to do anything special.

Positively Published! Virtual Book Tours

This is a free program to help authors and bloggers connect in order to schedule virtual book tours. The only cost to participate is your time. The program will continue to evolve to make it easier to participate.

How it works:

Authors sign up to schedule a book tour by selected from our list of host sites. We contact the sites and flesh out the schedule. Once we finalize a schedule, we put the authors and hosts in contact with each other to share the needed details. We promote the schedule on our site. Authors reach new audiences. Hosts get new content. Readers learn about new books. Everyone wins!

To participate:

Authors: Visit the main page to review the current list of host sites available. After you have selected the sites you want, fill out the author application.

Bloggers/Site Administrators: If you would like to host book tours, fill out the Host Application and we will add you to the list of host sites.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I've done an additional update regarding the tour schedules.

Now when you visit the site, there is an additional drop down menu that takes you to the list of tours scheduled. All tours are now linked to Goodreads.com with a Goodreads group. This means your tours will now appear on your Goodreads author pages (if you have one) and on your books that are listed on Goodreads. While this is a little more labor intensive for me, I think this will give the tours more visibility. And all tour books get listed on the Group bookshelf.

·
Registered
8,796 Posts
As a person whose blog tour is coming up next Monday, I can vouch that PPP/Julie do things very well and professionally... and for free, not for a huge fee like some organizations out there. :)

·
Registered
176 Posts
Thank you, Julie! I signed up as a host, too.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I just added everyone who offered to be a host.  I think the new design will be much easier to understand and give the tours more visibility.  ;D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts