Kindle Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just ordered my Kindle on December 27th,an I'm eagerly anitcipating it's March arrival. I'm living in hope it will be even sooner than that.
My name is Joe, I have lived in the US for the past 19 years, although I'm British. I read anything and everything, but I have WAY too many books and no more space.
Maybe now I can get rid of some. I already have some books ordered on Amazon ready to be loaded on my Kindle when it gets here.
I think I'm probably going to go ahead and order an Oberon cover too, so it'll be here when the Kindle gets here.
Is it just me, or does anyone else check their Amazon order several times a day just in case the shipping date has changed to an earlier one?

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
Welcome Joe! Congrats on ordering your Kindle, you will love it and be a Kindleholic in no time. ;) If you browse and read the thread Waiting On My Kindle you will see how well you will fit in here. Checking Amazon order status is very normal! Glad you are here, a great place to spend time as you wait on your delivery.

Linda

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
Welcome Joe
No, it's not just you.  I imagine nearly all of us have checked and rechecked our account daily to see if the status changed.  I had ordered mine on November 25 and had an expected delivery date of March.  Mine shipped one week before Christmas and I had it the next day.  Actually, what had happened was my shipping status changed to shipping soon.  I then got a call from my bank to check and make sure some recent charges were actually from me, as they were a bit uncharacteristic.  (Decal Girl, Oberon, M-edge.)  Several purchases I had made about 30 minutes prior.  While the woman is reading through the transactions she mentioned Amazon, and the amount.  I think I screamed in her ear.  Needless to say I then went on Kindle watch.  It's an exciting time and we'll be there for you. 
Congrats,
debbie

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Hi Joe, welcome! Glad to have you here.

I've been on a tear reading a bunch of books (historical fiction) that take place in the age of sail with His Majesty's Navy. I feel like I am all up to date on my British Naval history! LOL

L

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Welcome Joe - You will love it here.  It seems as if a lot of ship dates have been moved up, so feel free to check at least daily.  We all know what it is like to want, but in the meantime you can read the Tips, etc., thread and be all updated and ready.

Nice to have you here.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Welcome to the board!

I hope your Kindle arrives soon.

I grew up in London. I've been here in the U.S. for about seven years. It seems that all my memories of trips in England (including the Lake District) include vast quantities of rainy weather. How odd!

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I've been learning a whole lot of stuff.
A lot of it more things to spend $$ on  ;D
I'll learn a lot more when I finally get it though. I already have Leslie's book ordered to be on it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hey, Joe -- I'm a bit out of it but did you say March?  I guess I'm a bit out of the loop -- why in God's name will it take that long to come?  I ordered mine in July and got it within 2 days.  Of course I paid an additional $20 for overnight.  Are you telling me it takes that long to ship or what?  In any case ... you will adore the Kindle once you receive it ... a word to the wise ... watch that "one click."

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
That one click just about got me, but I am going to take Vampyre's advise and get an Amazon card, monthly, and possibly control myself that way  ;D ;D ;D

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
bookworm said:
Hey, Joe -- I'm a bit out of it but did you say March? I guess I'm a bit out of the loop -- why in God's name will it take that long to come? I ordered mine in July and got it within 2 days. Of course I paid an additional $20 for overnight. Are you telling me it takes that long to ship or what? In any case ... you will adore the Kindle once you receive it ... a word to the wise ... watch that "one click."
Kindles have been backordered since late November. It was a combination of "the Oprah effect" and holiday shopping.

L

1 - 19 of 19 Posts