Kindle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been lurking for a bit, because I don't have my Kindle yet, as my signature states my DH has proclaimed that it is not to be opened until Christmas morning.  (He was not thought so "dear" after that comment, especially since he's had my Kindle since the beginning of October!)  :p  He apparently is immune to guilt trips (believe my I've tried) and has had a very good hiding place before it went under the tree, because I looked everywhere.

Although, I am grateful that he even took all the hints and purchased it, because he usually has no clue what to buy.  I felt like Ralphie in the Christmas Story dropping hints left and right, and then just breaking down and saying, "This is what I absolutely want."  He got the hint then... ;D

The bad thing is, that I already have a skin on order and have requested an Oberon cover from my parents as a Christmas gift....and I don't even have it yet!

I'm afraid that I won't even get to hold my new friend for long before I have to fight off my 12-year-old voracious reader from carrying it off.

You all seem like a nice group of folks, and I figured that it was time to come out of lurkerdom. 

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Welcome to Kindleboards!

I am sure you will enjoy it here and look forward to your kindle in hand posts and others.  You may well get addicted to these boards before you get a chance to be addicted to your Kindle.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Welcome!

You do know you can buy books for it before you turn it on, right?  ;D  That way you'll stun everyone when you rip that package open and start reading the 100 or so books that you picked out for yourself.  ;D

·
Registered
384 Posts
Hi Quilting Diva,
Sorry about the wait. At least you know where Your Kindle is and exactly when you will be getting your hands on it.

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
Welcome to Kindleboards Quiting Diva! We are happy you decided to come out of lurkdom. I had my M-edge cover prior to receiving my Kindle. When your Kindle arrives he/she will already be accessorized.  ;) Glad you are here and look forward to reading more posts from you.

Linda

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the warm welcome!!!  Yes, I did know about purchasing books ahead of time, and I already have about 10 waiting for me.  ;D

Honestly, I think that my DH won't give it to me yet because he's afraid of becoming a Kindle widower.  I might not get the Christmas candies all made (which he looks forward to all year) or finish his mom's gift (afghan).

He might have a point there...

·
Registered
366 Posts
Welcome to the boards.  I know how you feel.  It's going to be awhile before I get mine also.  Since I don't get Whispernet here in Germany I've already started downloading a ton of books for my kindle on a SD card.  That way as soon as I get it I can pop in the card and start reading.

·
Registered
657 Posts
My kindle was a christmas present also! My parents usually send my gifts and say "wait till christmas" not the Kindle though. My dad had ulterior motives. They come down end of the week for their christmas visit and he wanted to see one before he commits to one!

When it came yesterday it was even gift wrapped in a pretty blue cloth bag and they told me to open it if it was wrapped  :D

·
Registered
869 Posts
Hi, QuiltingDiva -

Well, you could always purchase some additional gifts to go along with the one already under the tree.... An Oberon cover? Perhaps a new purse? Some skins? :D

Glad that you unlurked and found your way here!

You will have plenty of company as many posters here have their Kindles as gifts under the Christmas tree. We love keeping Kindle Watch.

And, as mentioned, you will have plenty of support here until the 25th day of December arrives.

Cheers,

Marci

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Welcome Aboard QuiltingDiva,

Glad you are here and enriching the conversation.

Nice to meet you,

-sailor

·
Registered
552 Posts
Hi Quiltingdiva!

I'm not sure I could share my Kindle with anyone. ;)

·
Premium Member
63,461 Posts
QuiltingDiva,

welcome to the Kindleboards and congratulations on your just-a-little-longer-now Kindle.  Great to have yet another quilter on board!  I think I'm going to start a thread in Not Quiet Kindle for quilters!

Betsy

1 - 16 of 16 Posts