Kindle Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm Isabella and it's been 30 days since I last ...

Ooops, wrong group. :D

But anyway, my name is Isabella and I'm a (gulp!) novelist of erotic novels. I've published four books under my real name (3 with major publishers, one with a smaller house) and I've ghostwritten several other books, but I've decided to go undercover to write "undercover" because I've got young kids, live in a small town, and all that. My reputation in this town generates enuf gossip. I'm planning to release my first novel, Getting In, on April 1, which is almost finished and needs to go off to my trusted editor/readers. It's part of a trilogy; the other two books I plan to release over the summer for sultry beach reading. My website is http://isabellajonesauthor.blogspot.com/ .

Anyway, I decided to self-publish my erotic novels because a. I'm a Kindle addict and I've discovered so many great independent authors with it, books I'd have never stumbled across in a bookstore and b. I'm so sick and tired of dealing with agents and publishers for the past ten years, I've actually gotten sick over it. Like hospital sick. There's got to be a better way to get my books out there and keep my family properly fed. But I digress.

When I'm not writing or working at my day job (which is journalism, another sad story), I'm a voracious readers of British mysteries, thrillers, horror, erotica, nonfiction, cookbooks ... um, I can keep going here. Probably the only thing that does't appeal to me are westerns. Sorry cowboys.

Anyway, I look forward to finding new authors on the boards and learning more about self-publishing, which so far has been a ton of fun for me. Maybe because marketing is my form of procrastination. ;D

·
Registered
324 Posts
Welcome to KB, Isabella! :)

Lorie

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
Hi Isabella,

Welcome to the boards.  Nice to meet you.  You'll enjoy it here.  Enjoy the community!  :)

Lee

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Welcome to the boards, Isabella!
:)

·
Registered
2,807 Posts
Welcome to KB!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Haha  :D welcome to the board!

·
Registered
678 Posts
Welcome aboard!  You'll have fun here & learn lots!

Cheers!  Jill

1 - 16 of 16 Posts