Kindle Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone!

I'm just getting into the possibilities of Kindle and working out how to publish my first book: an interactive learning book for children aged 6-8 in which an "assignment" to learn something in a different category of natural sciences is given in rhyming verse corresponding to each day of the week. My second project is a science fiction story for which I have managed to whiddle down a summary to a single tagline -- "Post-apocalyptic gay robot hippies." (More specifically, it's about the evolution of artificial intelligence after the death of humanity, but that first phrase seems to garner a lot of interest on its own. ;D ) Finally, I have some 250 pages of original poetry which I expect to sell perhaps 20 copies of EVER, but at least I can say I was a published poet.  :p

It's delightful to find a forum for self-publishing authors. I look forward to meeting many of you, and would someone kindly direct me to the correct forum for questions about formatting illustrated works for e-publishing? Thank you!

·
Registered
2,807 Posts
Welcome aboard!

·
Registered
216 Posts
Nice array of work! Hope you find success! Welcome to the boards

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Welcome to KB! For discussions about formatting and other writer-specific issues, you'll probably want to check out the Writers' Cafe sub-forum. (Most of the site is oriented toward Kindle owners and readers.) I will say that it is a moving target, though, due to technology changes, so if you use the search function you might want to skip older threads.

Also, in my blog (linked from my signature) I discuss children's book formatting for the Kindle, among other writing-related topics.

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
Hi Ven,

Welcome to the boards!  Nice to meet you.  Nice looking illustration.  Enjoy the community!  :)

Lee

1 - 13 of 13 Posts