Kindle Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! I am a new author just trying to learn my way around Kindleboards. I'm not really sure where to start and introduce myself, so I thought I'd just dive in here!

My name is Melanie Nowak and I am the author of a dark fantasy series called ALMOST HUMAN.

Almost Human is a Vampire Adventure/Romance series. There are 3 books currently available for the series on Kindle, and they are coming out in print by the end of this month. Volume 4 (Born to Blood) is due out by the end of this year. Readers who enjoy my series also seem to have liked Twilight, Sookie Stackhouse, & the Buffy the Vampire Slayer TV series.

My series is for mature readers, I would recommend 17 & up. While the series is a romance, the sex is realistic but tasteful & not gratuitous - and NOT the focus of the books. My main focus is a fun, light vampire story with action, emotion and engaging characters who fully develop and evolve throughout the series, while also introducing some deeper, more intellectual & thought provoking ideas.

The series is planned to be a set of 4 trilogies - 12 books in all. Each trilogy has one main story told over the 3 books. The following trilogies will continue with the same characters through different storylines.

I hope you'll check out what other readers are saying about the series! The books can be purchased separately or as a 3 book set for a discounted price. You can find reviews and book discussions at the bottom of the "Complete Trilogy" page, and see if Almost Human is a series you might be interested in:

Almost Human: The Complete First Trilogy

Volume 1: Fatal Infatuation Volume 2: Lost Reflections Volume 3: Evolving Ecstasy

Thanks for your consideration - I hope you enjoy the books!

~ Melanie Nowak

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Welcome, Melanie! Glad to have you here. I am going to move this to the main book corner board so more people will see it.

Poke around and make yourself at home. This is a fun and friendly bunch.

Leslie
Global Moderator

·
Registered
4,791 Posts
Glad to see you here. I've had a sample of the omnibus on my Kindle for awhile, just haven't gotten to it yet...but samples don't even get requested if I don't think I'll be interested so it's a good sign that it got that far. ;)

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks David - nice to see a familiar face :)
I love your book page - the cover art is beautiful and the audio sample was such an inspired idea! Sounds like a great story - I hope it does well for you!

~ Melanie

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
Steph H said:
Glad to see you here. I've had a sample of the omnibus on my Kindle for awhile, just haven't gotten to it yet...but samples don't even get requested if I don't think I'll be interested so it's a good sign that it got that far. ;)
I've also had a sample on my Kindle for a while! It was the first book, though. Thanks, Melanie, for offering the bundle. I love those!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I just wanted to thank all of my Kindle readers for giving my books such a warm response! Wonderful reader reviews and good mentions in the forums have enabled me to bring the ALMOST HUMAN series to print! I truly appreciate the support I have received from Kindle readers - Thank You!

I do not have a final print release date as of yet - but I am hoping for April 1st! I'll be sure to let everyone know when the print version of the books becomes available.

Thanks again!

~ Melanie

·
Registered
399 Posts
Vampire adventure/romance novels are not quite my cup of tea, but we can never have enough good authors in the book world. So here is to a great success to you and your series. :)

And welcome to KB!

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
WoodWitchDame said:
I just wanted to thank all of my Kindle readers for giving my books such a warm response! Wonderful reader reviews and good mentions in the forums have enabled me to bring the ALMOST HUMAN series to print! I truly appreciate the support I have received from Kindle readers - Thank You!
Congratulations!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thank you!
I am an independently published author so I really appreciate word-of-mouth here in the forums and and reader reviews! They are the only representation I've got! I've been so blessed to have received such warm welcomes from everyone and I'm excited that people seem to enjoy my books! With Betsy's help, I'm hoping to start a book discussion read-along with the author klub in the near future. It's been nice to meet you all!

~ Melanie

1 - 16 of 16 Posts