Kindle Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! I am a new author just trying to learn my way around Kindleboards. I'm not really sure where to start and introduce myself, so I thought I'd just dive in here!

My name is Melanie Nowak and I am the author of a dark fantasy series called ALMOST HUMAN.

Almost Human is a Vampire Adventure/Romance series. There are 3 books currently available for the series on Kindle, and they are coming out in print by the end of this month. Volume 4 (Born to Blood) is due out by the end of this year. Readers who enjoy my series also seem to have liked Twilight, Sookie Stackhouse, & the Buffy the Vampire Slayer TV series.

My series is for mature readers, I would recommend 17 & up. While the series is a romance, the sex is realistic but tasteful & not gratuitous - and NOT the focus of the books. My main focus is a fun, light vampire story with action, emotion and engaging characters who fully develop and evolve throughout the series, while also introducing some deeper, more intellectual & thought provoking ideas.

The series is planned to be a set of 4 trilogies - 12 books in all. Each trilogy has one main story told over the 3 books. The following trilogies will continue with the same characters through different storylines.

I hope you'll check out what other readers are saying about the series! The books can be purchased separately or as a 3 book set for a discounted price. You can find reviews and book discussions at the bottom of the "Complete Trilogy" page, and see if Almost Human is a series you might be interested in:

Almost Human: The Complete First Trilogy

Volume 1: Fatal Infatuation Volume 2: Lost Reflections Volume 3: Evolving Ecstasy

Thanks for your consideration - I hope you enjoy the books!

~ Melanie Nowak

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Hi Melanie - Nice to have another author here!  It seems as if the kindleboard is being overtaken with Vapyres - but that's ok, we seem to enjoy them.  Please keep us up to date.

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
Greetings and Welcome, Melanie! Love having authors here at KindleBoards. It gives us a different perspective on books. I downloaded a sample.

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
Hello Melanie and welcome to KindleBoards! Your books look very interesting and I have downloaded samples. Thanks!

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
Just letting you know that i enjoyed the sample and will be downloading the Trilogy.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Welcome to the board Melanie! Enjoy your stay here.  ;D

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I just wanted to thank all of my Kindle readers for giving my books such a warm response! Wonderful reader reviews and good mentions in the forums have enabled me to bring the ALMOST HUMAN series to print! I truly appreciate the support I have received from Kindle readers - Thank You!

I do not have a final print release date as of yet - but I am hoping for April 1st! I'll be sure to let everyone know when the print version of the books becomes available.

Thanks again!

~ Melanie

·
Registered
361 Posts
Welcome Melanie,
I actually found out about you in another thread we had & downloaded the samples last week.  :)
Hope you enjoy Kindleboards-this is a great place!!
kjn

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Yay Melanie you are here :D  I got David to join, I was hoping more of you guys would appear over here.  I just want to let everyone know Melanies books are wonderful!!!!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hi - thank you Tay! I actually introduced myself here about a month ago, but have been so busy getting the books ready for print, that I haven't been on much.

KJN - Thanks and I hope you like the books!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts