Here is today's selection of bargain Kindle books!

Color of Blood (Dennis Cunningham Series Book 1), by Keith Yocum. (Still 2.28?)

If you enjoy John le Carre, Lee Child, and Philip Kerr there's a good chance you'll be absorbed by this espionage thriller.

If you buy (or already have) the printed book, the ebook is only 2.28, through Amazon's new Matchbook program.

Tip: buy the print book as a gift for that genre-loving reader you know, and get the ebook for yourself at the Matchbook price!

"A very different tale of conspiracy and espionage in our highest agencies. Dennis is one of their best investigative staff and when he returns after a bereavement leave and is given a low level assignment he is puzzled. He is such a good investigator because he is obsessive about details and when things don't add up up he cannot let go even when he is taken off the case.

A really good story that was hard to put down but keeping up with the agencies and the players was challenging for me." -- Amazon Reviewer
Dennis is glad to be back at work. His wife's death left him devastated but he'll do anything to lose himself into work at the Inspector General's office of the CIA. A brilliant, if prickly investigator, he's spent his career chasing down the Agency's thieves and liars. When his boss forces him to take a low-level assignment to investigate a missing employee in Australia, he soon finds that even in the red dust of the Outback, there is romance - and death - just a sweltering heartbeat away.

387 pages, with a 4-star rating from 102 reviews.

Gun Kiss, by Khaled Talib. (Still 0.99?)

What do you get when you mix one dashing hero with a beautiful movie star in need of saving?

If you buy (or already have) the printed book, the ebook is only 0.99, through Amazon's new Matchbook program. Tip: buy the print book as a gift for that genre-loving reader you know, and get the ebook for yourself at the Matchbook price!

"Author Khaled Talib delivers a fast-moving, action-filled thriller. Sure, it is light, almost tongue-in-cheek in some parts, with dialog that feels contrived. I'm not complaining, in fact this is what I expected from the plot description and professional reviews. I could easily see Gun Kiss as an entertaining movie-a point that Talib playfully toys with at the end of the story.
I generally enjoy thrillers with a significant tie to a historical event or mystery, or elements of science. In this case, I was disappointed that the subplot involving the Derringer never really develops, and feels as a pasted add on. A missed opportunity, but I still liked the book and give it four stars." -- Amazon Reviewer

What do you get when you mix one dashing hero with a beautiful movie star in need of saving?

When the Deringer pistol that shot Abraham Lincoln is stolen and ends up in the hands of a Russian military general, covert agent Blake Deco is tasked by the FBI to head to the Balkans to recover the historical weapon. Meanwhile, the United States media is abuzz with news of the mysterious disappearance of Hollywood movie star, Goldie St. Helen.

After Blake's return from overseas, he receives a tip from a Mexican friend that a drug lord, obsessed with the beautiful actress, is holding her captive in Tijuana. With the help of a reluctant army friend, Blake mounts a daring rescue. What he doesn't expect is to have feelings for Goldie--or that a killer is hunting them.

Fans of Clive Cussler will enjoy this book.

221 pages, with a 4-star rating from 24 reviews.