Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
They look very nice.  I klicked onto the other covers and the others say they're made of leather.  I can't seem to find what the ones you've linked to are made of.  They are the same price as the leather, but do not specifically say leather that I found.  I also wonder about the flap that is on the right hand side when the cover is open.  It looks like it might be in the way when trying to hold it.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
drenee said:
They look very nice. I klicked onto the other covers and the others say they're made of leather. I can't seem to find what the ones you've linked to are made of. They are the same price as the leather, but do not specifically say leather that I found. I also wonder about the flap that is on the right hand side when the cover is open. It looks like it might be in the way when trying to hold it.
Those were my exact 2 concerns as well. I'm afraid it may be hard to hold and still click the next page button with that extra flap on it. I also could not find what those were made out of. I did think the simple model with the brown leather was nice also.

·
Registered
657 Posts
A little too girly for my taste  8) Thats the main reason I chose oberon over strangedog. Maybe they are great for others but I'll pass.

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
I've sent an email to the company asking for some more information on their covers, specifically the questions you all have posted. Will let you know what they tell me!

Note that they have leather versions, too, that aren't so girly, don't just look at the Jane Austen, look at this link
http://www.bobarra.com/cart/home.php?cat=251

Betsy

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
l[quote author=chobitz ink=topic=2977.msg66558#msg66558 date=1233185665]
A little too girly for my taste 8) Thats the main reason I chose oberon over strangedog. Maybe they are great for others but I'll pass.
[/quote]
There are others on the site click the kindle covers...there are more leather ones

·
Super Moderator
67,245 Posts
I first saw these after I already had the M-edge.  I liked them better. . .the closure is slightly different on the 'Dickens' type. . . but I didn't want to spend another $50 on something not that different from what I had.  Anyway, now I've ordered the Oberon Creekbed Maple so that'll probably do me for covers for a while. . . . .:)

Ann

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
I got the following information from the company in response to my questions:

1) The exterior of the Jane Austen covers are made from a water resistant/stain resistant canvas. They are trimmed in leather. 2) Yes, the covers can be folded back very easily and you can use the magnetic closure to keep it folded back. When I designed them, I was very careful to make sure that readers would be about to hold it with one hand and have complete access to all buttons.

I'm waiting to hear from the company again with more information...

Betsy

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
Update:

The company is sending me one of the Jane Austen covers so that I can review it.  Should have it in a few days.  I'll sit on the beach in San Diego and review it for y'all.

Betsy

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
That
Betsy the Quilter said:
Update: The company is sending me one of the Jane Austen covers so that I can review it. Should have it in a few days. I'll sit on the beach in San Diego and review it for y'all. Betsy
Ah, one of the Bobarra covers. I've wondered about them.

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
Betsy the Quilter said:
Update:

The company is sending me one of the Jane Austen covers so that I can review it. Should have it in a few days. I'll sit on the beach in San Diego and review it for y'all.

Betsy
Ahhh, the sacrifices you make for us, Betsy. True dedication.

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
Hey, just realized I posted about the Jane Austen in the wrong thread, LOL!  Too many new covers coming out....I'll split my posts out and merge them into the proper thread.  :)  My mind is in San Diego already.

Betsy

·
Registered
455 Posts
I love the looks of these, but I too would like to know how well it stays open for reading/holding in one hand. Also, the thing I love best about the covers we have (MiniSuit) is the unique snap fixture at the bottom that creates its own stand for reading while eating. Love that! So I guess I would like to know if the flaps on the Austen can be arranged to allow the Kindle to stand up like that. Does that make sense???

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
I had one of these, it was the first cover I ordered but I did not like it. It was bulky, the magnetized closure did not stay closed. I question if it would fold back easily, though I can not be sure, since I do not remember even trying. I really liked the look of it, I just did not find it really easy to read my kindle in it.

Here is a pic I took after it first arrive. The interior color was also different from the picture in the Amazon ad, not a huge thing...

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Octochick said:
I had one of these, it was the first cover I ordered but I did not like it. It was bulky, the magnetized closure did not stay closed. I question if it would fold back easily, though I can not be sure, since I do not remember even trying. I really liked the look of it, I just did not find it really easy to read my kindle in it.

Thanks for the info everyone. It does look a bit bulky....
Betsy, let us know what you think after you use it. Have fun in San Diego!

Here is a pic I took after it first arrive. The interior color was also different from the picture in the Amazon ad, not a huge thing...

·
Registered
339 Posts
Does anyone know if the magnet will damage the Kindle?  My thought is the problems that magnets can cause around computers.  Hmmmm...

1 - 20 of 28 Posts