Kindle Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Kindle chick lit 'Diary of a Mummy Misfit' came out on 1st June and sales haven't been too bad. Have been doing lots of self-promotion through YouTube, Facebook, Twitter and blogging but would be interested to learn what works best for you guys.

[Moderator: I would like to be added to the Kindle Author masterlist and look forward to your Welcome message!]

Amanda Egan

·
Registered
338 Posts
Congratulations on selling Amanda.

I don't know what is working for me.  There isn't an easy way to evaluate the effectiveness of one's promotions.

I do a variety of things from blog to emails to Facebook and posters.  I even have a poster in the back of my car.

·
Super Moderator
67,442 Posts
Welcome to KindleBoards, Amanda, and congratulations on your book! (You might want to ask your question about promotions in the Writer's Cafe ;) )

Please note that KindleBoards is a Readers and Kindle Fan forum. Authors are always welcome but self-promotion, of any sort, is ONLY allowed here in the Book Bazaar.

A brief recap of our rules follows: (Note that this doesn't mean you've done anything wrong; we just want you to have a ready reference. :) )

--Please bookmark this thread (using your browser's bookmark/favorite function) so you can update it as we ask that authors have only one thread per book and add to it when there is more information. You may start a separate thread for each book (or you may have one thread per series of books, or one thread for all of your books, it's your choice).

--We invite you to use your book cover as your avatar and have links to your book and website in your signature. Instructions are posted here

--While you may respond to member posts to your thread at any time, you may only bump your thread (back-to-back posts by you) once every seven days. Once you've responded to a member, that resets the clock to zero and you must wait seven days to post, unless another member posts before then.

--We ask that Amazon reviews not be repeated here as they are easy to find at your book link. Also, full reviews from other sites should not be posted here, but you may post a short blurb and a link to the full review instead.

--Although self-promotion is limited to the Book Bazaar, our most successful authors have found the best way to promote their books is to be as active throughout KindleBoards as time allows. This is your target audience--book lovers with Kindles! Please note that putting link information in the body of your posts constitutes self promotion; please leave your links for your profile signature that will automatically appear on each post. For information on more ways to promote here on KindleBoards, be sure to check out this thread:
Authors: KindleBoards Tips & FAQ.

All this, and more, is included in our Forum Decorum. Be sure to check it from time to time for the current guidelines and rules.

Oh, and one more thing: be sure to check out the index threads at the top of the Book Bazaar. . . follow the directions there to be listed. :)

Thanks for being part of KindleBoards! Feel free to send us a PM if you have any questions.

Betsy & Ann
Book Bazaar Moderators

·
Registered
978 Posts
If you have a blog, try joining with #samplesunday. I always see an increase on hits when I join in - might not mean sales, but at least it means more exposure.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the Welcome, Ann, and for the guidance.

I must say I find the rules and regulations somewhat wordy & dictatorial and, in places, contradictory (e.g. we are told not to post links in the body of posts, only on our signature, yet the LinkMaker tells us to put it in the body). I'm terrified of getting into strife just trying to use the site!

I'm sure I'll some how get used to the way everything works but feel it's all a little overwhelming for "newbies".

Many thanks

Amanda

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks everyone.  GIves me something to work on.

·
Premium Member
63,460 Posts
Amanda Egan said:
Thanks for the Welcome, Ann, and for the guidance.

I must say I find the rules and regulations somewhat wordy & dictatorial and, in places, contradictory (e.g. we are told not to post links in the body of posts, only on our signature, yet the LinkMaker tells us to put it in the body). I'm terrified of getting into strife just trying to use the site!

I'm sure I'll some how get used to the way everything works but feel it's all a little overwhelming for "newbies".

Many thanks

Amanda
Don't worry, Amanda, you'll get the hang of it!

The reason for the difference in the language you mention is that the link-maker is meant for use by readers and authors alike (only a small percentage of our members are authors). Readers use the link-maker to put links to books they've read and recommend in their posts. Authors may recommend books they've read, but may put links to their own books only in their signatures.

Our promotion rules have been developed over time at the request of our membership and in partnership with our author-members, trying to strike a compromise between no promotion at all and a free-for-all. Hope this clarifies things.

Take one step at a time and we'll help you through it. We hardly ever put anyone in the stocks for a first or second offense. ;)

Betsy

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi everyone. My name is Amanda Egan and my new novel "Diary of a Mummy Misfit" is now avaliable at Amazon. It takes a light hearted look at bitchy, London prep school mummies. If you fancy a laugh, give it a go! Also on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and blogging.

--- edit... new post merged with original thread. please remember, only one thread per book. please bookmark this thread so you can find it again and please read our Forum Decorum.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts