Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, I recently launched my company inBOOK, a new kind of case company.

All inBOOK cases are made by hand and use a patent-pending snap-in design. We don't take a one-size fits all approach to making our cases, which means that we don't use elastic straps that can fail, flimsy bands that can slip or other unreliable closures. Our custom holder is made specifically for your model Kindle and where other cases fail, like in drop tests on the case/e-reader corners, inBOOK delivers. Our designs are fresh, we only use premium materials in the construction of our cases and we are committed to your satisfaction.

For the next 3 weeks you can see the designs and pre-order here on Kickstarter, http://kck.st/mFu95F. For those of you not familiar with Kickstarter (KS), KS is one of the largest crowd funding sites and as such all pre-orders are handled by KS. Additionally KS uses Amazon payments so if you have an Amazon account ordering my product is fast and easy (if you don't have an Amazon account the sign up process is simple). Please check out my products on Kickstarter. I appreciate your support!

All inBOOK cases are Made in the USA with pride. And remember, small businesses create jobs, small businesses that are committed to manufacturing in the US like inBOOK create more.

www.goinbook.com

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
I hope you won't mind some feedback here...

I checked out the inBOOK because I was curious.

While it make sense on some levels, it just seems to me that it would add a lot of bulk. I personally love that my Kindle is streamline and low profile in it's case, I don't know if I'd want to add more substance to the device by way of a case.

I also don't understand how you'd have full access to your Kindle. I am the type of user who keeps my Kindle in its case 24/7 365. I never, ever remove it. So, I obviously need a case that allows me to easily use the Kindle. It seems like, from the mock up picture, that the surrounds of your case block out or cover the charger input and the power slide. I could be wrong, obviously, and if i am, that would change things...but from what I see, this case wouldn't be functional for how I read.

I also don't think your mission statement is 100% accurate. No case is "one size fits all"...at least not that I've seen. Most cases are specific to the K3 or K2 or Nook or DX. Some brands opt to use fastening mechanisms like elastic because they are user friendly, but others use hinges or rails which are fairly innovated.

With that said, I hope your product sells well...good luck!

·
Registered
913 Posts
More feedback - I agree with Italiahaircolor on the comments made.  In addition, you need to post more pictures of the device from the side, rear and opened.  I only saw one picture with the device in the cover.  We really like to see pictures of the device from multiple angles as part of the decision to purchase a product.  Might want to enhance the website to include this.  Just my two cents.

·
Registered
434 Posts
As chilady1 mentioned, I also recommend more pictures.  Specifically, I would show the cover folded back, which I think I read this cover supports.  It isn't apparent from looking at the pictures.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
More images for goinbook.com forthcoming.  For now most if not all of the images requested are on the Kickstarter site as stills or imbedded in the project video (folded cover).

Thanks for the feed back every one.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I am impressed with your design and how well thought out it appears, from using domestic supplies/suppliers to the functionality of the item.  I would like to support this project but honestly, don't really care for the four designs you have selected.
What are the chances of adding new designs?  I would be much more likely to join if I saw a design I liked - perhaps a quote by Thomas Jefferson who was a big reader, or an aminal themed cover, or a more contemporary classic title . . .
Just my thoughts but as I say, a nice product that I am interested it.
Lilith

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Lillith-

Thanks for your feedback.  Designs as you know are tricky. We are offering this case as a plain leather cover as well if that makes any difference.  Also, if you have a favorite quote from Thomas Jefferson, please share it and I will certainly see what I can do. 

John

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
laurie_lu:

Thanks for the compliment!  As a user now of this case for more than three months and trying to be objective, it does provide a great user experience and our commitment to manufacturing in the US is a core part of this new company.  We even have a additional book binderies lined up to produce this product by hand if our orders strip our capacity.

I hate to be so forward, but you can help by backing this project on Kickstarter and spreading the word! 

Thanks!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Per prior request here is an image of the inBOOK Folio style case with articulated cover. This allows the cover to be folded back for one-handed reading. The picture shows the cover folded back, but not completely since the leather is not yet broken in, but it will fold back completely so that the spine is in-line with the back cover (flat). I have also included the closed case with black cover to show you a different look. Thanks...get yours here: http://kck.st/mFu95F.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for the feedback. This product is really not that bulky, slimmer than most true cases and height is slightly greater than most. Most of the cases I have seen on the boards here that get very favorable reviews are similar in size and weight.  This case has a tremendous hand feel and in my experience as an avid Kindle 2 and now 3 user it actually reduces hand and thumb fatigue.  It definitely will not fit in a purse!  Thanks again for your comments.

·
Registered
122 Posts
What an interesting concept.

I took some time thinking about it and I have to say I wouldn't buy one.  It just doesn't fit with what I want my Kindle for.  I don't really feel the need to "pretend" that my Kindle is a "real" book.  And I don't care for how much bigger it makes the overall size.  I like the size it is.  Even with the lighted cover it fits my hand and my purses just right.  If I read a lot only at home maybe?

Like I said it's an interesting concept and my first thought was "wow...that's really neat"....but I don't see it in a practical sense.

I hope I don't offend and I do wish you the best of luck.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
No offense taken. Certainly everyone is entitled to their opinion and I am happy to receive the feedback...I've been looking for 2.5 years for a Kindle case that satisfied my liking and never found one.  People vote with their wallets and my hope is I get enough votes once this product is more widely available.  Thanks for the well wishes!

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Half the reason I bought a Kindle was because it's thin, light and easy to hold. Sorry but this cover would completely defeat that purpose. I can appreciate the work that has gone into this and the covers are very nice to look at - but I think you're trying too hard to make an ereader look and feel more like a physical book and I don't see the point in that.

·
Registered
3,016 Posts
Yes, it would be a good storage/hiding place for a Kindle left at home.  I don't do that since my Kindle comes with me everywhere so I treasure a case that adds less width and height to the actual device.  And of course I want access without removing the device.

It is attractive, but just wouldn't make my list of possible covers.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I agree with many here - why add to the footprint of the Kindle? That certainly wouldn't fit in my purse. But my immediate reaction to this cover was, "That looks really hard edged, slippery and uncomfortable to hold." One reason why I wanted a Kindle was the arthritis in my hands and that made holding real books torture to my hands. That's why I like my nicely padded Javoedge cover - it's soft and comfortable.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts