Kindle Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Saffina,

I love everything about it...but first I thought the hole in the apple was from gun shot.  Then I saw the needle...maybe that's a good thing, but if it's from the needle, then I would know that if the needle was still in the apple instead of underneith it. 

Then again, maybe I should keep guessing.

Beautiful work...did you do it?

Julie

·
Registered
380 Posts
Saffina,

I had the same reaction as Julie did.  The hole in the apple looks like a bullet hole.  This is confusing  when I see the needle.  Of course, that may just motivate me to buy the book and find out how the two images figure into the story.

Patricia

7,412 Posts
I did a head-scratch too. The needle combined with the gaping hole in the apple (plus the blood IN the needle, matching the blood on the apple) make it seem like the needle caused the hole...which makes no sense, considering the size of the hole. If you look at the image again, the apple is drained of color, as if the needle sucked out the color and into the syringe. Again, this makes it look like the puncture should be from the needle, not a gunshot (a gun, btw, which is not present anywhere in the cover).

I hope that makes sense. Otherwise, it really is a fine looking cover.

·
Registered
698 Posts
it is beautiful and visually striking, but I agree with what everyone else said about the bullet hole/syringe issue. Honestly, if you didn't have the syringe in the cover at all, it would still be a beautiful and catchy cover.

Also - could you show what it looks like in thumbnail? Thumbnails can end up looking very different then the full size cover.

·
Registered
698 Posts
okay, as a thumbnail, I'd lose the syringe, or do something else with it - and make it more obvious that the apple is an apple. When it's full size it's obvious, when it's shrunk down like that it's not quite as obvious that it's an apple.

But I do love the title "Snow White" combined with the cover featuring an apple with a bloody bullet hole. It's intriguing and it would make me check out the book description.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.