1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
106 Posts
I was reading the same article not five minute ago and immediately texted my friend the news. I am also a Doctor Who freak. While I'm glad they're not canceling the show (I heard somewhere that there weren't going to be any more seasons), I am kind of sad that David Tennant can't be the Doctor forever. He is by far my favorite to look at.

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
Not a fan, but I like David Tenant.  I watched it years ago when the sets were obvioulsy made out of cardboard. 

Have you seen the ad for the new episode?  They are in a room full of books and the girl says something like ... this is ridiculous, books aren't alive.  I have to laugh every time I hear it.  She's obviously not a reader.

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I love even the cheesiest early episodes, but yes, David Tennant is my favorite so far.  Not so sure about the new guy.  Sorta weird looking.  But the first episode I saw was with David Tennant, and when I saw some of the other Doctor Who actors, I wasn't sure, but I got used to them, so I'm hoping it'll be the same with this guy.

Glad it's going on!

Betsy

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
nebulinda said:
I was reading the same article not five minute ago and immediately texted my friend the news. I am also a Doctor Who freak. While I'm glad they're not canceling the show (I heard somewhere that there weren't going to be any more seasons), I am kind of sad that David Tennant can't be the Doctor forever. He is by far my favorite to look at.
I guess there are going to be some specials. Hope we get them here. I watch on BBC America and on the Sci Fi channel. The DVR is very active!

Betsy

·
Registered
455 Posts
I *knew* I liked you for some reason, Betsy! Mike and I both LOVE Dr. Who. (Dr. Who and Battlestar Gallactica are our favorite Sci Fi shows.) We also think David Tennant is the best. We started watching it when his predecessor, Christopher Eccleston, was Dr. Who, and it actually took a bit to get used to David Tennant's character, but we ended up liking him better. I'm really going to miss seeing him, but it won't stop us from watching. At least we'll have 4 more specials to see David in! :D

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Jan,

we're not that far away...we could have a Dr Who film festival.  They're on iTunes....  and on my computer.  : )

Betsy

·
Registered
75 Posts
I'm a huge fan. Terribly sad that David Tennant is leaving, but not as sad as I was when Christopher Eccleston left. I hope in time I learn to love the new guy as much as I learned to love David Tennant!

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
joanie said:
I'm a huge fan. Terribly sad that David Tennant is leaving, but not as sad as I was when Christopher Eccleston left. I hope in time I learn to love the new guy as much as I learned to love David Tennant!
I sure did miss him when David Tennant took over. Sigh, such is the way of Dr Who.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Ohhh Betsy! We need to do that! We haven't seen most of this last season because our DVR just doesn't behave very well when we ask it to record something. In fact, we have decided to wait on Battlestar Gallactica Season 4 until it all comes on out DVD.

·
Super Moderator
67,246 Posts
We also watch Dr. Who.  I like David better than Chris too. . . have to see about this new guy.  We watch on Sci Fi. . .Tivo automatically records. . .but we don't save 'em after we watch 'em. DH watches Battlestar Gallactica but I could never get into it. . . .Enjoyed Babylon 5.

Ann

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I've only have some on my DVR, been working through them, deleting as I go.  But I did purchase them through iTunes.

We could definitely have a Dr Who and Kindle party sometime in January before I head west.  Or in the spring when I get back.  ;D

Betsy

·
Registered
455 Posts
What are you going west for??? Can I come? Are you going someplace warm? I like west! :D

·
Registered
8 Posts
Dr. Who has been around for a long time. A Sci Fi classic if you will. Very much like "Forbbiden Planet"
Best, Hugh

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yes, thanks, Hugh.  They have some of the older episodes available on iTunes and I've been getting some of those too, plus I found some free Dr Who books that were posted somewhere here.  If I could afford it I would have them all!

Jan--

We're going to San Diego for February.  Warm.  Sun.  No sleet.  beach.  ;D

Betsy

·
Registered
455 Posts
Betsy the Quilter said:
Jan--

We're going to San Diego for February. Warm. Sun. No sleet. beach. ;D

Betsy
Excellent! Me and my Kindle will be tucked away in your suitcase! ;D

·
Registered
65 Posts
We love Dr. Who as well. It always takes awhile to get used to the new guys though. My favorite was Tom Baker, he was the best!

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
ScrappingForever said:
Excellent! Me and my Kindle will be tucked away in your suitcase! ;D
We have wireless at the condo, too, so you can keep in touch with Mike.

Betsy

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
I started watching Doctor Who with David Tennant as the Doctor. But I went back and started watching the new ones with Christopher Eccleston, and he always seemed strange to me in that part. Don't get me wrong, by the time he left, I was a fan.

I'm sorely tempted to hitch a ride to London to see David Tennant as Hamlet. How great would that be? Count me in on a Doctor Who festival. I'll bring cheesedip and chips!

I don't also need to mention that I love Torchwood b/c of Captain Jack Harkness, right? I mean, that's a given on this thread, isn't it?

~robin

Also, thought everyone might agree with this shirt:
http://www.thinkgeek.com/tshirts-apparel/unisex/popculture/988c/

1 - 20 of 53 Posts