Kindle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Awesome! Does this mean the whole series is now on Kindle?

I have a whole queue of books to read, but I'll definitely be trying to get the Hitchhikers series on the Kindle. I haven't read it in a while, and the last copy I had was left behind in a move.

·
Registered
5,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oddly enough, I don't know. Right this second, I have no Douglas Adams books on the Kindle, although that will probably be rectified next month.

Mike

·
Registered
325 Posts
Darn it! I really want to have the whole series available before I buy it for Kindle. Please don't make me buy the DTB version just so I have the full "trilogy."

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Hitchhiker's series: From Wikipedia:
    * The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (1979)
    * The Restaurant at the End of the Universe (1980)
    * Life, the Universe and Everything (1982)
    * So Long, and Thanks For All the Fish (1984)
    * Mostly Harmless (1992)

All now available for Kindle except "Mostly Harmless", so the first trilogy is available.  Those are the ones I remember.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Well, having just read the Wikipedia entry, I had no idea that the radio series came before the book. I remember listening to the radio show in Britain as a child. My brother bought the LP of the show, and then the books began...

I had always thought the books had come first and were then serialized on the radio.

The TV series was good, too. Kind of low budget, in the usual BBC style of the day, but still hilarious.

I can still hear the voice of Marvin, the Paranoid Android in my head to this day. :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts