Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
4,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

In addition to writing my books, I've recently started a new venture: Premier eBooks. You may have heard of it already, floating about Twitter and Facebook. If you haven't, you will soon enough.

Premier eBooks was created in order to showcase new eBook releases to the most amount of eyes possible, across all platforms (Kindle, Nook, Kobo, iBooks), the moment an eBook is released. I'm sure that as an author, you've wanted your book to gain traction right from the get-go. Sometimes that's hard to do without turning into a spam machine; there are levels to promotion that can become unreasonable and can turn readers off. And in order to get your book showcased on certain "Book of the Day" sites, you need to have X amount of reviews and X amount of stars or higher on Amazon before they'll accept your book. Others will take new books as per their schedule; if they have an opening, you can get in. There are also times where if you are showcased on those sites, you'll have a nice sales bump for a day or two, and then your title heads back into the morass as if it hadn't been listed in the first place. Premier eBooks wants to, if things come together the way I envision, hopefully eliminate the need for authors to over-promote, get your books out in front of readers as soon as the book is available on Kindle, Nook, Kobo, and iBooks, sustain sales, and in a way make the Internet book browsing experience somewhat fun again for your potential readers.

Simply put, we want to give your book the red carpet treatment, and do so for longer.

Here's how it works:

We have separated the site into genre categories. Email us the book links for Kindle, Nook, Kobo, and iBooks--our only concern is that this site is for NEW books within a few weeks old to no more than two months of publication; we want to be like a brick and mortar bookstore where the mass market paperback covers are ripped off after a certain amount of time (nice visual, eh?), and the hardcovers head to the remainder pile, making room for the new books on the shelves--and we'll list your book in its genre category for up to two months; in other words, if you list your book tomorrow, Friday, January 25, your book will remain on the site in its genre category until Sunday, March 24. We will update your listing as a staggered release--in many cases, publishing to sites such as Smashwords and seeing the book listed on iBooks will take approximately a week, so it gives a nice balance for your titles--when you simply email us the link. Of course, in the course of those two months, there will be other new releases that come in at the top of the page, pushing your book down; there are no book listing bumps to get your book to the top of the page like we do here (that sound you just heard was Ann and Betsy cheering). Those new books will be in the same boat in two months' time. It's cyclical. Every book will receive two months of time; it's not a "sponsorship," per se. I'm doing this with my own titles as an act of good faith to my fellow authors; I totally believe that every book is equal and should receive the same amount of time to generate a readership and sales momentum.

Our plan is to also utilize social media such as Facebook and Twitter to great effort; with the amount of genres we'll feature, we can have a daily share--i.e., on Mondays we share the Romance tab, Tuesdays Thriller, etc. That way, if someone misses the daily check of the site, there's always a chance they'll see it during the sharing on social media in the evenings. Each day we'll also have a post on the home page of the new releases that we've received.

Now... I'll take questions from the audience.

How much does it cost to list?

Right now, nothing. I only want your book: It's no secret that sites like Premier eBooks make a percentage of the sale price of the books they display; a customer clicks the link and then buys the book through the site, the company in question gives a commission to the site. While we're building our page and our audience, we're going to keep the costs to you down: obviously if our traffic numbers are low, there's a pretty good chance your book won't see many eyes and it doesn't make sound fiscal sense to pay for something that isn't making you money. That said, if you're making money, we're making money. Wink, nod, etc.

At some point, we'd like to charge for these listings; it would be a modest fee for two months, and that is only as soon as I can sustain a hit rate that would justify charging for listings.

We're not there yet. We will be soon. With your help, we'll be there sooner than we think.

In exchange for the free listing, we're asking authors to help drive our traffic numbers up by mentioning us on their Facebook and Twitter pages. Your readers may already know about your book and probably already have it, but they may not know about a book that's in your similar genre, come to the site, see it, and buy it. Call it authors helping other authors, pay it forward, etc. We're not competition for each other; we should all be helping each other.

We'd also love for you to join our Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/PremierEbooks) and our Twitter handle is @PremiereBooks. Please follow and RT us when we post. Please do not spam our Facebook wall with your books; that's the point of our page, to eliminate needless spam.

Which genres are you accepting?

Right now, Thriller, Romance, Mystery, YA/Children's, Sci-fi/Fantasy, Horror, Erotica (bow chicka bow bow), Serials, and Short Story collections. If we feel the need to expand, we can do that.

How many stars does my book need to get a listing?

None. Brand new books don't have stars, do they?

If you're interested in having your book listed on Premier eBooks, here's what we need from you:

The cover art (you should have the .jpeg file, but if not, I'll grab the art off Kindle); remember that excellent cover art sells books!
The US Kindle link, Nook, Kobo, iBooks links; we're not yet affiliated on UK Kindle, but we hope to rectify this soon.
The blurb (I can always yank it off Kindle), about 100-150 words is good.

Email it to [email protected].

Please check out our site; http://premierebooks.blogspot.com.

Thanks in advance, and hopefully together we can sell a lot of books.

·
Registered
4,981 Posts
Great idea. And I'm especially psyched to see that you will feature erotica. So many sites don't, and yet there must be a heck of a lot of erotica readers out there, given the sales. I hope your site does great!

·
Registered
5,123 Posts
Interesting concept.

I checked out your site but don't understand the dates. I see a book at the top of your sci-fi page dated as a September release. On another page, books alternate from January to December dates and back again.

What am I missing?

·
Registered
4,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quiss said:
Interesting concept.

I checked out your site but don't understand the dates. I see a book at the top of your sci-fi page dated as a September release. On another page, books alternate from January to December dates and back again.

What am I missing?
The September book was put up last week, when I was desperate for content.

·
Registered
4,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks, Sibel. :)

·
Registered
3,911 Posts
How rigid are your guidelines for what fits into a certain genre?  I have a historical novel coming out soon with plenty of romantic elements in it, but it is not, strictly speaking, a romance.  Would that kind of thing be acceptable in the Romance category, or not?

I also hope you'll consider adding a literary or mainstream fiction category, since those books tend to be harder for readers to find in the indie world.  There is not a lot of exposure for them.

I'll follow your site and depending on other's experiences, I may submit some books once you expand your categories.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Congrats on taking action and doing something. But why blogspot? You're starting a business right? Why not a domain and website? Just curious.

·
Registered
568 Posts
jimkukral said:
Congrats on taking action and doing something. But why blogspot? You're starting a business right? Why not a domain and website? Just curious.
This. Definitely my opinion, but it'll look more professional if you got your own domain. Throw WordPress or Joomla on it, pretty it up and all will be well. Blogspot seems great but I feel it's more for casual blogging.

·
Registered
16,323 Posts
Great idea. I have a new novel being released very soon and you're on my list to notify.

·
Registered
4,981 Posts
...it'll look more professional if you got your own domain. Throw WordPress or Joomla on it, pretty it up and all will be well. Blogspot seems great but I feel it's more for casual blogging.
Or keep the site and get your own domain (you can do this via Blogger), put up a nice header, and pretty up the site. It's not hard-- I do all my sites this way. They don't compare with a site designed by a pro from scratch, but they're adequate and professional, and they're easy for me to maintain because I do understand Blogger.

·
Registered
4,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
ElHawk said:
How rigid are your guidelines for what fits into a certain genre? I have a historical novel coming out soon with plenty of romantic elements in it, but it is not, strictly speaking, a romance. Would that kind of thing be acceptable in the Romance category, or not?

I also hope you'll consider adding a literary or mainstream fiction category, since those books tend to be harder for readers to find in the indie world. There is not a lot of exposure for them.

I'll follow your site and depending on other's experiences, I may submit some books once you expand your categories.
I'd take input from the author as to what genre listing they feel is best for their book. If I put it in the wrong category, it's not that hard to move to another.

Literary/Mainstream sounds like a good category to add. I'll add that right now.

·
Registered
585 Posts
If you add a humor category, I'd love to send my latest...once I complete my iBooks upload (a few days).

·
Registered
4,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
glutton said:
I emailed you about my novel but is there a minimum length required?
No minimum length.

·
Registered
4,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
destill said:
If you add a humor category, I'd love to send my latest...once I complete my iBooks upload (a few days).
We can do that. But remember, you can send your other links now and just email me the iBooks link whenever it's ready.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts