Kindle Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I just added some more designs including "Reading", "Western", and "American Eagles". Any of these designs will make a spectacular cover, bag or kozie for your Kindle. I'm also in the process of designing some new covers. I'll post them here when they are available for you. I'll add more designs as they become available.

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
Hi Alice, have you been able to work up anything yet with one of the Reading designs?  They are so pretty.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've embroideried a couple out but haven't made the covers yet. I'm looking into a design change on the covers to make them more affordable to folks. I'll post here when I have a finished product.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have a Brother Disney Innovis 4000D embroidery machine. The machine has 160 Disney characters built in. One is a very large Mickey Mouse. Thanks for asking. I buy most of my designs from the Embroidery Library or from Dakota. They have the best quality designs. And, I use Madera embroidery thread which is made in Germany. Unfortunately, no USA company manufactures embroidery thread. The Madera thread is the best quality on the market. In all, I have over 10,000 embroidery designs in my collection.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Your Viking Designer I is a beautiful machine. My first embroidery machine was the Viking Rose. You should embroidery more. I started with small craft type items and expanded to larger designs. My only limitation is the size of my largest hoop which is 14.5" x 7.5". The newer Brother machines have huge hoops. You can only embroidery within 1" of the inside edge which makes the maximum size I can embroidery about 13.5" x 6.5". The newer Brother machines run around $10,000 which is out of my budget right now. I would have to sell a lot of product to justify a new machine. The problem I have with the largest hoop designs is that the fabric puckers badly. The Butterfly Bag I made and posted earlier was made on the largest hoop. I didn't have a problem with that fabric puckering...it was a brushed denim and didn't stretch much.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.