Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our local meteorologist said that we have had RAIN for 20 of the 25 days in June!!! We New Englanders are miserable...we want SUN!!!

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
Send your rain down here!!

We are having severe droughts. It always gets very dry here in the summer and they issue the warnings but this year they have restricted our water usage. No sprinkler systems are allowed to run also no washing your car outdoors in your driveway. No unnecessary watering plants etc etc. Also our neighborhood has asked that we even limit indoor water activity's as much as possible. 1 load of laundry,dishwasher ran only when full etc.

Then on our news it said the Guadalupe river is totally dried up in certain spots. The water level and those Spots of the river that haven't been dry since the 70's.

WE NEED RAIN!

·
Super Moderator
67,287 Posts
The last 2 days here have been the first that didn't have some rain for quite some time. . . .we're well above average and there is speculation as to whether or if or how any of that might have contributed to the MetroRail crash on Monday.  And now it's supposed to be up to 90+ for the next 3 days with humidity going up.  I broke down and turned on the A/C since the house was at 81 at 7 in the morning.  Figured, best to try to keep it that way.

·
Super Moderator
67,287 Posts
Susan in VA said:
June 25th... that's probably a record for this area! :D
We usually try not to put it on before June. . .but yeah, 25 is nicely late. We haven't had heat on either since the first of April. Didn't much mind paying the utility bills this month. . . . :D

Our neighbors have had theirs on for days. . .we can hear it. . . .plus all the windows are all shut. . . .

·
Registered
220 Posts
It is hot in Tennessee. The temps are running in the 90's. The humidity here is also high. We haven't had any rain in about a week.

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
When I lived in New England for 10 years I loved it.  Having said that....I do notice now that I live in Arizona where the sun shines 98% of the time I have no SAD (Seasonal Depression). 
Like Leslie says...celebrate the green that I'm sure is all around you as result of all that rain. 

·
Registered
545 Posts
sjc said:
Our local meteorologist said that we have had RAIN for 20 of the 25 days in June!!! We New Englanders are miserable...we want SUN!!!
I feel your pain, but if you want to know what SAD really is come spend the winter in the Pacific Northwest! LOL

I'm originally an east coast girl myself (NY and CT). I do feel your pain. June is supposed to be a sunny, warm month. After 8 years in WA, I often forget that. Our average temp is in the high 50s this time of year with rain in late June being the norm. I nearly froze to death the first week after we moved here when we left CT temps were in the upper 90s to 100!

If you get the sun to come out, would you send it to us in the Pacific Northwest too, please? 8)

EllenR

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
The sun has come out, the sky is blue and it is HOT. My widget says 73 but it feels much hotter than that.

You know what they say about New England: if you don't like the weather, wait a minute. It certainly feels that way today.

L

·
Registered
496 Posts
It's been awful in Massachusetts. I think it rains every day. Today's the first day that we've seen the sun in I don't know how long. We had wet roads this morning so it must've rained overnight, and once again it's cloudy with a chance of t-storms. We just got home from work and my husband ran outside to hurry up and mow the lawn. The grass is so high our poor little chihuahua has to hop through the yard. There's so much rain the grass is growing wild and we can never get out there to do anything about it. I'M SICK OF RAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Rain Rain go away little Sally wants to play. 
My mother used to sing that to us kids on rainy days.  Good thing we are grown; she would have laryngitis this month!!

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
Has the weather gotten any better sjc??

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
The headline in the newspaper: June's a major washout, Summer's soggy, sorry start and then it says: Portland's monthly rainfall is nearly three times the average.

So it's not my imagination, it has been raining all month. And it is raining this morning.

L

·
Registered
388 Posts
I'm in CT, I agree, this is horrid!  This is the worst Spring I can remember -- the garden is simply rotting away from all the rain.  It's rained all but 6 days of June.

At least the last few days have been better, though the storms on Friday were of biblical proportions!

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
Leslie said:
The headline in the newspaper: June's a major washout, Summer's soggy, sorry start and then it says: Portland's monthly rainfall is nearly three times the average.

So it's not my imagination, it has been raining all month. And it is raining this morning.

L
Here in St L we had one of the wettest May's on record -- and now are having one of the hottest June's on record -- its been screwy everywhere.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Today it is 63 degrees at my house (Pacific NW) and I am soooooo cold.  I was reading the Margaritaville thread and I can't even imagine a cold drink right now (alcoholic or not).  I am thinking that a LARGE cup of hot tea or coffee from my Keurig should hit the spot just about now.  Isn't it supposed to be summer?  ??? 
I go to visit my family in Minnesota next week and I see that the forecast is in the 80's there.  I should be able to thaw out when I get there....  LOL.

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Let's see...we had a few sunny days. July 4th was nice but we had a "sun shower" (rained while it was sunny) so we ate our grilled hotdogs indoors. July 5th and 6th were beautiful, then it started raining again yesterday and is raining now.

We have friends coming to visit from Baltimore next week and one of them has never ever been to New England or Maine. I hope the weather clears so she can some of the sights. We'll do the touristy stuff: Portland Head Light, Walker's Point (President Bush's house), Ken's Place for fried clams.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts