Kindle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On page 39 of the Users Guide I found this:

Book Description - connects to the Kindle Store and displays the detail page for the full book.

This is when you're reading the book. Currently it's only available in samples (under See Details)

This will come in handy when you're reading books in a series and have already downloaded them. Sometimes I start the next book and know nothing about the book (I just know its next). Right now, to get info, I have to log into the Kindle Store and search for the item.

Nice.

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
That's kind of cool. What I would really like is if they could package it somehow with the book so you wouldn't have to use Whispernet to get at it. Kind of like a back-of-book summary. That is one of the few DTB features I really miss.

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
luvmy4brats said:
On page 39 of the Users Guide I found this:

Book Description - connects to the Kindle Store and displays the detail page for the full book.

This is when you're reading the book. Currently it's only available in samples (under See Details)

This will come in handy when you're reading books in a series and have already downloaded them. Sometimes I start the next book and know nothing about the book (I just know its next). Right now, to get info, I have to log into the Kindle Store and search for the item.

Nice.
This feature is also available on K1. I don't know if it was always there, or is a result of the firmware update to v1.2, but I just looked up the book details on a sample I was reading.

·
Super Moderator
67,246 Posts
Angela said:
This feature is also available on K1. I don't know if it was always there, or is a result of the firmware update to v1.2, but I just looked up the book details on a sample I was reading.
Can you explain how you did that?. . . I know you can just go to the Kindle store. . . .is it something different than that?

Ann

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
Ann Von Hagel said:
Can you explain how you did that?. . . I know you can just go to the Kindle store. . . .is it something different than that?

Ann
While having a sample open, I clicked on Menu and the last item on the menu is See Details. You have to have Whispernet turned on for it to work. That is all there is to it! Like I stated before, I don't know if this was always there or if it only showed up after the firmware update, but this feature is not an exclusive K2 feature.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts