Kindle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saw this on their site, if only we could order it!! Sounds like they really listened to feedback!! I am so excited!!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

E-LUMINATOR UPDATE!

2nd Generation M-Edge e-LuminatorTM booklight for

Amazon Kindle 1 and Kindle 2

Dear Customers

We know many of you are excited to hear about our new 2nd generation e-Luminator. Well, get excited -- it's almost here!!

We've worked hard to make this product even better than our first e-Luminator. Based on your comments and suggestions, we have redesigned the new e-Luminator to include the following features:

~ Super bright LED light that operates at two light brightness settings

~ Optical grade lens provides smooth lighting

~ Rotating support arm allows users to position the light from the side or top

~ Compatible with M-Edge Prodigy, Executive and Platform Jackets for Kindle 2 (as well as some new surprise Kindle 2 products coming soon!)

~ Also compatible with M-Edge Kindle 1 Executive jackets

~ Requires only one AAA battery providing more than 20 hours of use

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.buymedge.com/p_eLuminatorKindle.html

Rachel

·
Registered
96 Posts
I'll be honest, after multiple delays, my interest is waning. Plus I emailed them and they have no intentions of producing a hinged DX case (probably amazon was charging them too much for the OEM part). Bleh.

·
Registered
257 Posts
"Meh"

I was considering getting this light and an M-Edge Executive Jacket instead of my Oberon and Mighty Bright (would've been much cheaper, too!) .... But they just took too long. There's no way I'm getting both, so I guess M-Edge lost out.

The features sound nice and all.... And the fact that it only needs one AAA. But what I hope M-Edge learn is that you have to back up new product announcements with timely releases. If you announce something way early and don't release your product within a reasonable amount of time, customers are just going to stop trusting a company or caring about a product, and look elsewhere. Oh, and pulling an older product long before you've released the new version? Big no-no. That's only gonna hurt ya in a big, big way.

Still, I hope those who decided to wait will be satisfied. I'm still interested in reading the reviews.

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
I really considered getting the M-Edge because of the light. I just thought the idea of it was so cool. I still think it is, and like many, I got tired of waiting. Also, I didn't want to order the cover until the light was available, so I just kept researching covers and cases and pretty soon lost all interest in M-Edge and went right for a Noreve.
The old M-Edge light looked pretty slick from pictures, so I imagine the new one will only improve on that look. I wish they had the light so it worked for all cases, but of course I understand their thinking there.
I just don't get why they would pull their old light months before releasing the new one.
Even though I don't have an M-Edge and have no plans to buy one, I'll still be looking forward to pics and reviews. :)

·
Registered
144 Posts
I'm excited about the new light.  I've only had my K2 for a month or so, but bought the Prodigy and just figured I had to wait on the light.  So far it hasn't been a problem, and the new light sounds great.  I would rather wait an extra month or two then get a below-par light....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts