Kindle Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi my name is Terrie.  I got a Kindle 1 for my birthday March of this year.  I wanted the Kindle because I enjoy reading but a mother of 2 children its hard to pick up a book and read.  My 9 year old is home schooled and won't read the books that he needs to read but he will read the ones that I put on the Kindle.  My 3 year old loves books and will take a book that I'm reading away from me and lose my place but now I that I have been reading off the Kindle he doesn't take my books away and lose my place. 

I'm also hoping the Kindle will come in handy this fall when I go back to college. 

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Welcome Aboard, Terrie!

Happy Be-lated Birthday to you! Glad you got a Kindle for your gift.

Nice to meet you,

Sailor

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Hi Terrie - nice to have you here!  We have a few students here that love their kindles for school work so you will fit right in.  Hope you don't get so busy with school and kids that you won't have time to post and keep us up on what's going on in your "borind?" life.

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Welcome and enjoy

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
Greetings and Welcome, Terrie! Glad you found us. Have you been to our area, The Book Corner? Many threads with info about goods reads there, including Recommended by our Members and additional sites for Book Lovers. Another area is the Book Bazaar where our member authors post about their books. It is also where you will find threads about Bargain Books and Free Books!
The FAQ or Tips, Tricks and TroubleShooting are the boards to go to when you have a question or just ask, someone will most likely be able to help you and we think no question is dumb.
Let's Talk Kindle is the place to go to discuss all things in the Kindle World.
Next would be Photo Gallery, where members post pictures about their pets, landscapes, birds or just about anything they think someone else might be interested in.
Accessories is where to look if you ar thinking of personalizing yur Kindle. Skins, covers, lights, bags, sleeves and many other things are discussed and pictured here.
Hope you continue to love your Kindle and enjoy KindleBoards.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Hi Terri........... welcome. It is great your children will be exposed to reading at a early age......best thing you could do for them. 
                  Brian

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
Welcome to the Boards, Terrie.  We have other homeschooling moms on the Boards as well.  You'll find we talk about a lot of things besides the Kindle.  And we have a lot of fun doing it.
Looking forward to more of your posts.
deb

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.